Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli Combi Tool

5 posters

Go down

Hammerli Combi Tool Empty Hammerli Combi Tool

Post by K38 Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:54 pm

So this Hammerli 215 followed me home......

I'm ok on most stuff as I have owned an old international for a lot of years.  This thing is absolutely pristine and may even be unfired.  It didn't have anything els with it other than a nice set of large unmolested Morini grips.  I would like a Combi tool for it but of course I might as well want a passenger pigeon .  I did find an extra magazine and a few spare parts at Red Feather though.  What sort of trouble would I get into if I were to get a proper tracing or scaled scan of  someone's tool and send it to a laser cutting service like SendCutSend ?  I would think they might be able to do a good job and as long as I did not charge anyone for it Walther might not take me to court.  The screw driver blades could be filed down and the thing heat treated.  I need a project.

DLB

K38

Back to top Go down

Hammerli Combi Tool Empty Re: Hammerli Combi Tool

Post by K38 Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am

Could somebody scan one and do a little measuring for me ?  I'd like to try to have a batch made up.

DLB

K38

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 pm

Hammerli Combi Tool Img_1613
Hammerli Combi Tool Img_1614
K38 wrote:Could somebody scan one and do a little measuring for me ?  I'd like to try to have a batch made up.

DLB

I have a friend here in Prescott who is looking for a combi tool  We were hoping somebody local would be willing to
make one or more of these tools so I took a photo of mine along with some measurements.  I hope this helps.
If you are able to make some, please let me know so I may purchase one.

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by K38 Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 pm

Brillant!  I can never spit out the name of the town of Prescott!  I have a very dear friend that lives there.  The late, great Don Nygord lived there too.  Thank you so much for the drawing!!   I have the services of a captive and some what trained mechanical design engineer (My son :-) BS, MS. Texas A&MUniversity)  and Now lead drive system designer for Tesla.  I will get it drawn up in auto cad.  If I can get them done there will be no charge.  It will give me a project to keep me off the streets and out of the bars!

DLB

K38

mbmshooter and onlylead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:26 am

Not noted and difficult to see in the image, is that the bottom of the slot in #4 of the picture is tapered to a sharper edge.  This slot is used for changing the rear sight blade, by pressing it from right to left and lifting it out of the sight.  The blade has a serrated right end for the tool to grasp.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am

Ed Hall wrote:Not noted and difficult to see in the image, is that the bottom of the slot in #4 of the picture is tapered to a sharper edge.  This slot is used for changing the rear sight blade, by pressing it from right to left and lifting it out of the sight.  The blade has a serrated right end for the tool to grasp.
Ed,

Outside of the function for changing the sight blades, would a set of quality screwdrivers serve the same functions?
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:53 am

chiz1180 wrote:
Ed Hall wrote:Not noted and difficult to see in the image, is that the bottom of the slot in #4 of the picture is tapered to a sharper edge.  This slot is used for changing the rear sight blade, by pressing it from right to left and lifting it out of the sight.  The blade has a serrated right end for the tool to grasp.
Ed,

Outside of the function for changing the sight blades, would a set of quality screwdrivers serve the same functions?

I've never used #4 on that tool to change the rear sight, only the other three sides to remove/install screws.  So,
I suspect propely ground screwdrivers would work.

Mike

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Properly fit screwdrivers would be easier to use, too.  In addition, the second stage screwdriver could be shaped as a spanner, so the inner (Allen) adjustment could be left alone.  I believe the multi-tool was just a handy single device to catch the slot type adjustments and the rear sight screw and blade.  Note that the rear sight screwdriver should have a small handle, so you don't over-torque it.  I use the sight adjustment screwdriver from S&W, myself.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

chiz1180 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:56 pm

Ed Hall wrote:Properly fit screwdrivers would be easier to use, too.  In addition, the second stage screwdriver could be shaped as a spanner, so the inner (Allen) adjustment could be left alone.  I believe the multi-tool was just a handy single device to catch the slot type adjustments and the rear sight screw and blade.  Note that the rear sight screwdriver should have a small handle, so you don't over-torque it.  I use the sight adjustment screwdriver from S&W, myself.
Appreciate the insight. I like the idea of the multi tool, just seems much more complex to search out/make one when quality screwdrivers are in the tool box.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by DA/SA Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:04 pm

The Hammerli tool I made from an old screwdriver for trigger adjustment without disturbing the inner set screw as Ed described. 

The reduced shank is to allow adjustment without slide removal.

Hammerli Combi Tool 2yFAVnel
DA/SA
DA/SA

JHHolliday likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down