Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laugo Alien

4 posters

Go down

Laugo Alien Empty Laugo Alien

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:45 pm

Friends,
I'm surprised we haven't discussed this yet - the Laugo Alien. New(ish) Czech 9mm pistol that has solved... it seems quite handily, the fixed vs reciprocating barrel issue. The price point is pretty steep, $4-6K depending on options, but I think we will see more reasonable prices as competitors attack the design. Bottom line, the ability to mount a dot on the barrel with only the slide reciprocating (like a 22) is pretty cool. Very low bore axis as well. And apparently they are not ammo sensitive at all - I wonder if they could handle light BE loads without requiring any modification? If you aren't familiar, check it out. I have seen a lot of designs claim to be revolutionary... this is the first that I think truly is. I think Ed Masaki would have been very interested.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Laugo Alien Empty Re: Laugo Alien

Post by SmokinNJokin Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:48 pm

https://calibremag.ca/the-laugo-alien-boldly-going-where-no-pistol-has-gone-before/

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merick Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 pm

Until gun rag writers save up for a pack of B6 targets and a trigger scale it is hard to tell if the great new gun of the month is any better or worse than last month's.

With a 6k budget I could probably get two entirely capable pistols and have enough left over for a decent vacation.

Merick

troystaten and jareds06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:13 pm

I've actually admired the pistol for a couple years. Always thought the action was pretty cool. Sounds like the trigger might be the downfall. I'm sure someone has started working on them. 

If only they made it in .45...  Smile

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:25 am

Thanks for the information. It's interesting and definitely a new take on pistol design. I'm sure that they'll sell enough of them to stay in business, like Manhurin, Korth and other expensive handguns. It'll probably of more interest to the IPSC, NRA Action Shooting and IDPA crowd than Precision Pistol Shooters. The 3 pound trigger pull might be a problem for Precision rules if it cannot be easily adjusted. The 25 yards accuracy tests look good. We'll probably have a looooong wait to see if the Alien can shoot good 50 yard groups.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:46 pm

Dcforman wrote:I've actually admired the pistol for a couple years. Always thought the action was pretty cool. Sounds like the trigger might be the downfall. I'm sure someone has started working on them. 

If only they made it in .45...  Smile

Dave
 My first thought was about getting one in 45... or how hard to convert to 38 super. Listening to Larry Vickers review, it sounds like the trigger might be up to BE standards (once someone figures out how to get them to make weight). He described it as a cross between a good 1911 trigger and a precision rifle trigger. Others have said it has a very slight roll to the break. 

For bullseye, it looks like pro's and cons are as follows:
Pro - dot/sights fixed to barrel and don't reciprocate
Pro - Unlimited sight options with top rail
Pro- Simplicity - it actually has very few moving parts and is an incredibly simple design. time will tell if this also contributes to the reliability we need for BE.
Pro - ultra low bore height and recovery/recoil
Pro - trigger feel
Pro - Accuracy - no 50yd data yet but all have agreed it is exceptional
Pro -  most important, it looks insanely cool.

Con - Trigger weight (might be an easy fix with springs)
Con - Double stack frame width. Might be tough to shoot 1-handed. (I never had any luck with the Beretta for this reason, couldn't grip as well as 1911)
Con - Dirty - gas gun
Con - Current model Feed ramp only configured for hardball (Larry V said he had ramp opened up by gunsmith and now his will run everything)
Con - Cost. $4k for the stripped down model we would be buying for BE use. No need for the reflex red dot or holster or any of the extras with the $6k creator edition. This is actually not an insane price pending what kind of groups the guns shoots... if it can manage 1.5" at 50 it would be right in line for price. I also don't think this falls in the same category as other boutique guns because the design is so revolutionary and appears to be catching on. So hopefully we see lower price models in the next few years.

*Update... after further examination, it looks like the trigger is set by the top rail, which contains the hammer. There are 2 flavors, standard @4.25lbs and match @2.5lbs. So trigger pull might not be a big issue after all.

So, who's going to take one for the team here an buy one so you can give us some BE match feedback?

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum