Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New DSR Revolver

+2
AllAces
Axehandle
6 posters

Go down

New DSR Revolver Empty New DSR Revolver

Post by Axehandle 5/11/2014, 10:37 am

Picked up a 14-3 last week myself..  Big DSR plans for it.  Holding a 586 and a couple of 686s but it never hurts to have another option!  Picked up some American Eagle 158 RN lead to play with next week.  You guys say these PM Grippers will pass inspection? 
New DSR Revolver 001_zps48986a53

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

New DSR Revolver Empty Re: New DSR Revolver

Post by AllAces 5/11/2014, 11:17 am

NRA Rule Book, 3.1.4 Distinguished Revolver states, 

It must be a factory manufactured revolver with no external modifications except for stocks which may be modified or changed because of the size of the competitor's hand or to facilitate loading. 

(d) Stocks - Except as set forth above, the right and left stocks must be mirror images of each other.

(f) The following are not allowed.  tape on the stocks or stocks flared at the base.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 5/11/2014, 12:26 pm

It looks nice.  I use the Hogue grips on my 14 and they pass inspection.  I believe the PM grips do also.  I really like how my 14 shoots with the Remington ammo.  It groups much tighter than the American Eagle.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 5/11/2014, 12:50 pm

I like it
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 5/11/2014, 1:22 pm

Planning to look for some square butt K frame Pachmyer Presentation grips to try also.  Never know what will work best at the 25 yard line.  I've just got to go dig them out of the box in the warehouse.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/11/2014, 1:40 pm

IMO the original factory match grips work best for timed and rapid.I think the people at S&W got that one right a long time ago.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 5/11/2014, 1:57 pm

How about some elaboration on the "original factory match grips"   The original magna grips don't work for me at all and bigger factory grips lose me too.  My NRA Action gun wears the PM Presentation grips.  They are pretty close to the shape of what I guess would be the S&W target grip.    Here in recent years I've developed a liking for the Hogue grip for my DA guns.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/11/2014, 2:09 pm

I should have said original "target" grips.They are enough larger then the Hogue and PM grips that when you remove your thumb from the firing position and pull the hammer back you have enough grip/meat under your hand that the revolver stays firmly in your control.I found that taking my thumb off the smaller grips while the pistol is recoiling gave me a not quite in control feeling.I use the recoil as the first part of my re-cock motion.By the time I have settled back on target the pistol is ready to fire. Like I said,this is just my opinion but I have had good results with this method and the wooden grips.

Len (good results for me is in the 280s) (oh,I guess I should mention I have what some would call "very" large hands)
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by gitkrunk 5/11/2014, 2:21 pm

got a picture of the target grip?
gitkrunk
gitkrunk

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/11/2014, 2:27 pm

On the sticky under equipment and show me your pistols I have a picture on the last page of my DSR revolvers.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 5/11/2014, 2:56 pm

"remove your thumb from the firing position and pull the hammer back "   We are talking apples and oranges.  My plan is to shoot the 25 yard stuff double action.   A 5 year episode of NRA Action helped me develop decent DA revolver skills.  We'll see how it works before we consider shooting timed and rapid in single action mode.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/11/2014, 3:27 pm

Yep,apples and oranges.I can see why the smaller grips would work better for you.It is a long reach to the trigger with the larger grips.More power to anyone that shoots DA.I can't do it.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/11/2014, 7:27 pm

It's nice it has the target hammer, but, the narrow trigger. Even better if you can locate the factory smooooth faced trigger if your going to do D.A work..
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down