Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols?

+10
beeser
Ghillieman
C.Perkins
Rob Kovach
AllAces
Steve B
LenV
Bobbo
Jerry Keefer
BE Mike
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols? - Page 2 Empty Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols?

Post by BE Mike 8/9/2014, 9:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Several years ago when I received my custom wad gun from Tony Kidd, I noticed that white grease had be liberally applied to the hammer and sear area. It looked like white lithium grease, but when I questioned Tony Kidd, he was coy and didn't tell me what it was. I had previously owned Clark Custom pistols and no grease of any kind was to be found anywhere. My questions are: Do you use grease on your 1911? If so where? What kind of grease do you use? Is white lithium grease suitable for 1911's and if so, does that include stainless, as well as, carbon steel versions?
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols?

Post by BE Mike 7/20/2019, 12:57 pm

radjag wrote:Oh. OK.
So, on other threads & forums I've seen a wide range of opinions re' "moly" grease. Is it just the inexpensive tubes of black hi temp moly grease sold in NAPA or Walmart? One tube should last several lifetimes!
The moly grease I have was purchased from Larry's Guns way back when and yes a tiny tube will last a lifetime. I don't know what NAPA or Walmart sells. Here is the product I got from Larry's Guns way back when. Mine came in a tube, but it is from the same company and apparently the same product. It is Molybdenum Disulfide. https://www.neconos.com/item/MOLY-SLIDE-33
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Use Grease Anywhere on your 1911 Bullseye Pistols?

Post by Guest 7/20/2019, 4:00 pm

Thanks BE Mike - I've ordered some.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2