Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet Behind The Ears

4 posters

Go down

Wet Behind The Ears Empty Wet Behind The Ears

Post by ruzneb Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 am

This is my first post on the forum, which I found by happy accident. I would like to get into Bullseye shooting. I live in the Atlanta, GA area and haven't been able to hook up with Bullseye shooters. I shoot three pistols, a Smith 41, a Colt Mid Range Nat Match.38 spec., and a Series 70 Gold Cup. All three are stock with iron sights. I've shot pistols all my life but never competitively other than in the Navy.

I  reload with a Hornady progressive, using separate seating and crimping dies. But bullets and powders are very scarce in the Atlanta area, as well as on line. Right now, I'm shooting a Hornady 148gr HBWC in the .38, using 2.7 gr Accurate #2 and CCI Gold Medal Primers. In the .45 I'm shooting Lasercast 200gr LSWC with 4.0 grs of Titegroup, CCI 300 primers. I did manage to get some Red Dot and found load info for a Smith 52, but have yet to try it. These powder and bullet combinations were chosen based on availability- I was lucky to find them. 

1. I'd like to hook up with Bullseye shooters in the Atlanta area. Anyone in the Forum from around here? 
2. Are the bullet and powder combos listed above appropriate for Bullseye shooting?
3. Any, repeat any advice you can give to a complete novice would be helpful. Many thanks in advance!

ruzneb

Back to top Go down

Wet Behind The Ears Empty Re: Wet Behind The Ears

Post by beeser Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 am

Welcome to the forum!  While I can't answer any of your questions I'm sure you'll soon get plenty of sound advice here.  Stay tuned.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

Welcome to the addiction! You might start Here and Here for lots of good basic info.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HUGHT Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:43 am

There are at least 4 Atlanta area shooters that post on this site. you can give me a call and I can connect you with the two clubs that shoot outdoor 2700's and at least one group of 8 or 9 guys that are shooting a 22 indoor bullseye league on the southside of town. I think there is a league that shoots on the north side some where. DavidR should be able to hook you up with that group
HUGHT 770 294-996nine

HUGHT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum