Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal?

4 posters

Go down

Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal? Empty Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal?

Post by beeser Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 am

In another thread (can't remember where) I asked if the Hogue Soft OverMolded grips were legal in competition.  Rob Kovach was kind enough to request a clarification and Mark Johnson of CMP provided the following response.

No wrap around grips, Pachmyr, Houge, etc…

The grips in question are shown here .... http://www.hogueinc.com/store/categories/soft-overmolded-rubber/146

So, I take it that these are Pachmayr style grips.  Seems odd to me that these are against their rules but not the molded rubber grips on S&W revolvers, but are they?  Unfortunate for me because I really find these grips comfortable.

beeser

Back to top Go down

Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal? Empty Re: Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal?

Post by dronning Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:34 am

beeser wrote:In another thread (can't remember where) I asked if the Hogue Soft OverMolded grips were legal in competition.  Rob Kovach was kind enough to request a clarification and Mark Johnson of CMP provided the following response.

No wrap around grips, Pachmyr, Houge, etc…

The grips in question are shown here .... http://www.hogueinc.com/store/categories/soft-overmolded-rubber/146

So, I take it that these are Pachmayr style grips.  Seems odd to me that these are against their rules but not the molded rubber grips on S&W revolvers, but are they?  Unfortunate for me because I really find these grips comfortable.

They are very comfortable, I can't shoot worth a dam using them because they amplify every little muscle twitch because of all the contact surface.  Also being soft it's hard to judge when you have enough pressure.

You are confusing NRA and CMP.  Revolvers are not allowed in EIC matches so the CMP wouldn't have any comment on molded rubber grips for revolvers.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal? Empty Re: Hogue Soft OverMolded Rubber Grips - Legal?

Post by DavidR Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:52 pm

CMP doesn't allow any thumb rests, and grips must be same for both sides, DR does allow the houge grip.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knightimac Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi Beeser

While I understand CMP doesn't allow these hogue grips, I now have them on both my 22/45 MKIII ruger and SA 1911 for regular bullseye matches.

I also find them comfortable and equate the feel to my model 10 (38) and model 325 (45) revolvers.

With the autos, I have been locking my wrist more forward like a euro gun when using these finger grooove grips for few months with good results.  The finger groooves help me to "lock in" my hold better and maintain a more consistent hand position.

Some folks say the rubber material gives and causes more shake/wobble.  I've not really noticed that for me.  YMMV.
knightimac
knightimac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down