Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by beeser on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:26 pm

I received the following notice from Starline.  A response to Starline to their two questions would probably help accelerate their production of .32 ACP brass.

We are designing tooling for .32 ACP as we speak, and hope to offer it sometime this year. What bullet diameter are most of the bullseye shooters using? Which brand of brass do they seem to prefer for the .32 ACP?

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by DavidR on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Most, bullseye shooters
"at the present time"  shoot 32 SW Long not acp.


Last edited by DavidR on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

DavidR
Admin

Posts : 2856
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 62
Location : NRA:Expert, Georgia

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by dronning on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:53 pm

The 32acp Pardini is getting all kinds of attention. It outshoots it's own 32S&W hands down.  They are getting sub inch 50yard groups with the Hornady 60gr XTP bullet.  There is a long thread over on Target Talk about it. One of the guys on there had a mold made with the same profile as the 200gr SWC 45 that most of us shoot and he is getting great results too.

-Dave

If I bought a 32 for CF it would be the 32acp.

dronning

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 63
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by DavidR on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Might be the coming thing so I amended my post Cool

DavidR
Admin

Posts : 2856
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 62
Location : NRA:Expert, Georgia

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by beeser on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Yes, I've been reading some good things about .32 ACP and PardiniUSA now recommends it over their .32 S&W for 50 yds.  I think that Starline will soon offer .32 ACP brass is a good thing and might be worth it if they receive some encouragement.

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by pistol champ on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

I shoot 0.315 dia. 60 grain SWC and I get great accuracy and no leading out of my Pardini 32 acp.

pistol champ

Posts : 71
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by Steve B on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:47 pm

That is good news since ACP brass is very difficult to get.

Steve B

Posts : 333
Join date : 2011-06-16
Location : Elkhart, IN

Back to top Go down

.32 ACP Brass

Post by carykiteboarder on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:20 pm

I hope the brass will accommodate the Hornady XTP 60gr JHP (.311) bullet since that is what Pardini USA most emphatically recommends.

carykiteboarder

Posts : 84
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by dronning on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:30 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:I hope the brass will accommodate the Hornady XTP 60gr JHP (.311) bullet since that is what Pardini USA most emphatically recommends.

Hornady lists the 32 CAL 60 GR HP (XTP) as .312 not .311

- Dave

dronning

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 63
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Hornady XTP 60gr JHP

Post by carykiteboarder on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:59 pm

That's very interesting.   I'm looking at the labels on 10 boxes on my bench... They read:
Hornady XTP 32 CAL
.311"
60gr XTP
Qty:100
#32010


Last edited by carykiteboarder on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

carykiteboarder

Posts : 84
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by dronning on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:That's very interesting.   I'm looking at the labels on 10 boxes on my bench... They read:
Hornady XTP 32 CAL
.311"
60gr XTP
Qty:100
#32010

Interesting the spec when you bring it up on the Hornady website says .312 Which is right?

Is .312 the spec and variation could be +- .001? That doesn't seem right either.

- Dave

dronning

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 63
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Hornady XTP 60gr JHP

Post by carykiteboarder on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:56 pm

I don't understand it either.  If you visit Midway USA, for .32 caliber bullets, you'll find that the Hornady 100gr and 85gr XTP JHP are listed as .312 and the Hornady 60gr XTP JHP are .311.

I measured a few of mine and they were all .311".  My calipers could not detect any variation.

I don't have first-hand .32 ACP reloading experience since I'm currently shooting commercial ammo.  I could not find brass when I bought the .32 ACP conversion for my Pardini SPBE.  Pardini shared their recipe for their own .32 ACP reloading and their advice regarding dies.  I'll start testing reloads once my brass supply will justify shifting my Dillon from my .45 ACP setup.

As for .32 ACP accuracy at 50yds, all I can say from actual shooting is that my scores for CF are now the same as my .22 scores. Same frame, same red-dot (+4 clicks), same grip, same trigger, ... same score.

carykiteboarder

Posts : 84
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by C.Perkins on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:19 pm

I may be wrong but my understanding is when using jacketed bullets...
32 acp uses .311"
32 S&W long uses .312"

Clarence

C.Perkins

Posts : 579
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 53
Location : Surrounded by pines in Wi.

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by beeser on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:I don't understand it either.  If you visit Midway USA, for .32 caliber bullets, you'll find that the Hornady 100gr and 85gr XTP JHP are listed as .312 and the Hornady 60gr XTP JHP are .311.

I measured a few of mine and they were all .311".  My calipers could not detect any variation.

I don't have first-hand .32 ACP reloading experience since I'm currently shooting commercial ammo.  I could not find brass when I bought the .32 ACP conversion for my Pardini SPBE.  Pardini shared their recipe for their own .32 ACP reloading and their advice regarding dies.  I'll start testing reloads once my brass supply will justify shifting my Dillon from my .45 ACP setup.

As for .32 ACP accuracy at 50yds, all I can say from actual shooting is that my scores for CF are now the same as my .22 scores. Same frame, same red-dot (+4 clicks), same grip, same trigger, ... same score.
Would you mind sharing Pardini's .32 ACP recipe and tips?  Do you plan to use the Hornady 60gr XTP bullets?

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by carykiteboarder on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:38 pm

I don't want to hijack this Starline Brass thread so I'll post it in the "Ammunition" area.

carykiteboarder

Posts : 84
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:52 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum