Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize?

4 posters

Go down

Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize? Empty Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize?

Post by aritomo Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi;

Sometimes, I've noticed my hands develop a slight left-right tremor (most visible using 22lr with red-dot) if I put some pressure on my trigger (get to engagement, but not enough to break).  I can hold steady-OK with trigger finger slightly off-trigger - and sometimes its OK through pull.

Any ideas, techniques, exercises to minimize that tremor?

Thanks!

Ari

aritomo

Back to top Go down

Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize? Empty Re: Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize?

Post by bruce em Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:28 pm

I suspect it is your grip; you need to get the pressure up high on the gun so the trigger forves dont create a couple or moment (torque) on the gun.

Kick you lower palm out so the backstrap lies along your lifeline.

think about it and try.

regards

bruce em

Back to top Go down

Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize? Empty Re: Trigger finger induced shake...how to minimize?

Post by Rob Kovach Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Watch out for tensing your other fingers when pulling the trigger.

What are your trigger pull weights?

Dryfiring helps.

Grow your grip and wrist strength up with a dyno-ball excerciser.

I think it's easier to get a steady grip if your wrist and forearm are set like a punch instead of the angle of a wrist that one would use to grab someone by the throat.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aritomo Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:42 am

Thanks for ideas.  so far I am...
1) dry firing
2) improve focus on dot vs target 
3) exercise
4) avoid lengthy hold on target
5) better breathing regimen
6) grip more focused on back strap and two fingers below trigger guard, avoid lots of pressure to sides

Grip angle on padding so is more pitched than my 1911, which seems to contain to tremor.  strengthening wrist to hold angle seems needed

Feels better, but ill see how progress goes in next month

aritomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:28 am

Don't focus on the dot, Look at the target like throwing a dart.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down