Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best use of 90 rounds.

+2
dan allen
Dave C.
6 posters

Go down

Best use of 90 rounds. Empty Best use of 90 rounds.

Post by Dave C. Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Ok, You can only get to the range with enough time

and ammo to shoot 90 rounds. 30 rounds of 22, 30 rounds

of 38 spl and 30 rounds of 45acp. Do you shoot 3 NMC's

or do you shoot 3 slows and then your short line?

Yea, I'm at work and bored.

Dave C.
Dave C.
Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Best use of 90 rounds. Empty Re: Best use of 90 rounds.

Post by dan allen Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:51 am

I'd shoot all my slows first because I'm too lazy to keep moving my target from the 25 to the 50 and back.

dan allen

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:28 am

Plan out your short training session. Concentrate on your weaknesses.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:26 pm

I would practice sustained fire with all three and work on my trigger control and shot cadence. The first round of each 5 round cylinder/magazine would be my slow fire practice, so you get 18 rounds of slow fire practice followed up by (pun intended) 72 rounds of sustained fire.

Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I would only shoot 3 NMCs if I had just cleaned the guns and wanted to verify they are functioning and zeroed before a match. The only other reason I can think of is if my biggest problem was stepping to the line and shooting good shots cold. That would drive me to go to the range more frequently for shorter sessions. I think most shooters would benefit more by focusing on one gun and course of fire. There is very little to be gained by throwing 90 rds downrange and counting up the score.

If I thought it was a league night and I got to the range and only had 30 rounds for each gun what would I do? No question - Slow Fire. 30 rounds is not enough to train sustained fire. Maybe I would start with the 45 really focusing on the part of the process that is my primary area for improvement right now. Why? Because I lose more points with the 45 and I might notice something in my 45 process when I am fresh or something in my 22 process after switching from a heavier trigger.

To answer the question "What should I work on?" Ask yourself: "Where and why am I losing points?" followed immediately with "What technique or process step can I change, improve or make more consistent that is most likely to help me keep those points?"
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by jakuda Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:37 pm

SteveT wrote:..........
To answer the question "What should I work on?" Ask yourself: "Where and why am I losing points?" followed immediately with "What technique or process step can I change, improve or make more consistent that is most likely to help me keep those points?"

+1.
Then I pick drills that address my weaknesses. For me right now, it's 3-shot drills (or even 2-shot drills) for 45acp rapid fire, and 50yd slow fire intensity drills (attempt to shoot 10-10s within 20 shots, from the USMC pistol team workbook).

jakuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down