Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micro Scopes?

5 posters

Go down

Micro Scopes? Empty Micro Scopes?

Post by Axehandle Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:13 am

Thinking I might get KC to cut a wadcutter gun slide for one of these micro scopes.   Aimpoint and Ultradot products have thoroughly proven themselves through the years.   I sure like the look of the micro versions mounted directly on the slide.   Any of you guys shooting the micro products?

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Micro Scopes? Empty Re: Micro Scopes?

Post by Jerry Keefer Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:17 am

I think they are presently the best option.. The draw back is the lack of extension tub, filter attachment, and I don't care for the mount. All of which can be over come.  The cost discourages many..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Primary arms makes a decent Aim Point Clone for $175. Fred Totts makes tubes and a great slide mount which has roughly the same Drill pattern as a clark rail. The cost of the tubes and the rail is about $170. 

I have a set up on my Les Baer and the only issue I have is the idiot behind the trigger.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:40 pm

I am having Crawford build me a 45 (order has been in for 6 months so I am close)with a micro Aimpoint with the mount cut into the slide.  I have an Aimpoint on my 22.  I have the Tott's shades put on mine.  Used my vice to press fit them on.  Before that I had made shades out of rolling black construction paper.  It worked but I was always afraid they would fall off during a match.  I like it and got used to the one side for electronics (so you do not see a full circle when looking through it).

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Axehandle wrote:Thinking I might get KC to cut a wadcutter gun slide for one of these micro scopes.   Aimpoint and Ultradot products have thoroughly proven themselves through the years.   I sure like the look of the micro versions mounted directly on the slide.   Any of you guys shooting the micro products?
I would also mention that there are numerous pictures that I have posted of the Micros in different configurations.. Slide mounted and frame mounted 45s and .22s.. A search might dig some up, or I can repost if need be.
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:26 pm

KC has pictures on his web site:  http://www.kcskustomcreations.com/photos.html
I like the idea of the integral base.
The Aimpoint micro is a proven entity.  How about the Ultradot micro?

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:05 pm

I had an ultra dot and I had to send it back, the base had some play and it lost zero. Therefore i would suggest the Primary arms realy good quality so far.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Micro Scopes? Empty I have an Ultradot Micro HD

Post by Joe L Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:46 am

I've had an Ultradot HD Micro on a .22 pistol since last year.  It has a 2 moa dot and so far has been excellent.  I might put one on a centerfire gun, currently using a Burris FF III 3 moa on the centerfires.  The glass in the Ultradot HD Micro is much clearer than the Burris.  Both have been fine.  I think I had to bend the battery contact down for a little more tension on the Ultradot when I first got it and that is all.  Very happy with it.

Joe

Joe L

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:56 am

I had an HD micro and sent it back.  The scope is not centered on the base.  It is off approx 1/4" to the left.  For a right handed shooter you may not even notice but for a lefty it was obvious to me.  I thought it was just mine until I contacted three or four others with the same scope.  Fred Totts has made a couple new bases for it to correct it.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down