Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions????

4 posters

Go down

Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions???? Empty Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions????

Post by Tim:H11 Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Bushnell Trophy red dot for bullseye use? If not what seems to be the affordable "best bang for buck" entry level dot? I'm not necessarily wanting to compete with a dot sight but I'd like to try one and see what it's like. I have a Bushnell Trophy dot someone gave to me. Feels kind of heavy.
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions???? Empty Re: Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions????

Post by LenV Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:35 pm

I have not had good luck with Bushnell products. Maybe they just don't like me. I have had good luck spotting good buys on e-bay. Here is a listing for an Ultradot that would make a nice dot for the right price. I have no horse in this race just pointing it out.

Len

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Original-Ultradot-Red-Dot-Scope-in-Black-One-Inch-Tube-Bullseye-Optic-/311481492921?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions???? Empty Re: Bushnell Trophy Dot Sight ... Opinions????

Post by DonBrummer Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:47 pm

I have not had good experience with this scope.  Nor did a teammate of mine.  The problem with this sight is the multi-reticle. If you change the reticle it loses zero. If you change it back to the one you zeroed it on it has lost zero. If you turn the knob that changes the reticle just a little bit you can tell that it doesn't have a positive lock. You can reposition the reticle anywhere you want it so the zero is all over the place.  Contacting Bushnell did not yield a satisfactory outcome. My recommendation is to purchase an Ultradot. You will be glad you did. 
DonBrummer
DonBrummer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:02 pm

So far I haven't lost anything. The Bushnell was given to me. It ought to be good enough with just to try a dot, but for competitive use it sounds like a no go.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrumpyOldMan Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Just epoxy the reticle change thingy before zeroing the sight.

If you intentionally botch the epoxy, it will cure a little soft and be easy to scrape off with a popsicle stick...or whatever...

Go ahead and try it out. Cheap way to find out if you hate using a dot in this game.

GrumpyOldMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down