Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nelson end weight?

5 posters

Go down

nelson end weight? Empty nelson end weight?

Post by barnabus 1/9/2016, 5:33 am

going to order a nelson conversion and was wondering if i should go ahead and order the end weight that attaches to slide to make it closer to the weight of my SA Range OFFICER wad gun? Any comments and personal experience on this accessory is appreciated.thanks

barnabus

Back to top Go down

nelson end weight? Empty Re: nelson end weight?

Post by dronning 1/9/2016, 8:59 am

I wouldn't, the steal rib makes it feels closer to the my wad gun's weight/balance than my Marvel does.  I think putting that weight at the end of the barrel would move the balance point way too far forward.

Just my opinion.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by teg2658 1/9/2016, 10:06 am

I really like the balance of my Nelson Conversion, as close to the weight and balance of my wad gun that I have ever been. I have two Dworak conversions(copy of Kart 6 inch conversion) and like the balance of the Nelson better. My wad gun is a slide mount. I would skip the weight, it will make the gun front heavy.
Tom Ginovsky

teg2658

Back to top Go down

Post by Telewreck 1/9/2016, 10:23 am

I agree with the above. I would start with the conversion as is first. The Nelson is designed to be very close to the 45 weight.

Telewreck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 1/9/2016, 11:09 am

Strange timing for this topic, as I just received a NCG threaded weaver unit. With 25mm Ultradot (4 oz), Weaver Top Mount medium rings (3 oz) and the barrel weight it's bit porky at 3 pounds 5 ounces and nose heavy. I'm on the fence about keeping the barrel weight mounted and will wait and see how it handles when I zero the scope and test ammunition. By the way, my current indoor pistol, a Ruger MkIII SS Target with the same scope and rings weighs 3 pounds 2.5 ounces, about the same as my TOZ free pistol.

I'm hoping the better ergonomics of the 1911/NCG and re-reading everything Ed Hall has posted will move me out of Indoor Sharpshooter class this season.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by barnabus 1/9/2016, 1:52 pm

well the No's have it! thanks guys!

barnabus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 1/9/2016, 2:23 pm

The Nelson weaver barrel weight weighs 5 ounces on my kitchen scale.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down