Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slip sliding away

4 posters

Go down

slip sliding away Empty slip sliding away

Post by private citizen 1/28/2012, 8:43 am

A couple of places where my league shoots seem to have slippery floors. I always wear a particular pair of shoes so that is not a variable.

This week I was at an indoor range that had an epoxy painted floor. It was so slippery my back foot slid out from under me a couple of times. I had to narrow my stance.

Is there anything I can put on a floor or on my shoe that will increase traction. I thought about skate tape but that would wear through leaving a sticky residue on the soles.

private citizen

Back to top Go down

slip sliding away Empty Re: slip sliding away

Post by Rob Kovach 1/28/2012, 10:01 am

The first thing I thought of was a rubber bathtub anti-slip mat that would be big enough for both of your feet in your natural stance. I figure the rubber would be less likely to become lead contaminated than a carpet mat.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/28/2012, 11:41 am

How wide apart are your feet????
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by SMBeyer 1/28/2012, 2:53 pm

Find someone in your area that installs rubber roofs, usually comercial contractors, and ask for a small scrap. Probably 1'x2' or maybee 30" depending on how wide your stance is. It is very thin so it wont give under your feet which would be bad for stability and can be folded up very small so that it is mobile. Our range was the same way until I sprayed the floor with muriatic acid and now everybody likes it. Scott
SMBeyer
SMBeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by private citizen 1/28/2012, 5:41 pm

Jack H wrote:How wide apart are your feet????

They are always "two feet...apart" regardless of measurements. (g)

I have lately found out that I need to have my feet wider than my shoulders, sometimes quite a bit. There is a definite improvement doing so.

This may be because my body is "out of line" in several planes as a result of a car crash years ago. I have concluded that it is best to throw out the "book" at least as far as all those nice straight "lines" drawn through the bodies of models of proper stance one sees in the books.

I only recommend this for myself.

private citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down