Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kano Kroil

+4
davekp
Froneck
Fire Escape
SW-52
8 posters

Go down

Kano Kroil Empty Kano Kroil

Post by SW-52 Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:20 pm

hi,i bought a kano kroil can,smell great, i want to know kroil is for only use in barrels for remove lead and powder or also for lubricate the gun?? thanks!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Kano Kroil Empty Re: Kano Kroil

Post by Fire Escape Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:41 pm

I use it to clean guns, that is an area where it's penetrating ability is useful. In my less than qualified opinion it is too thin and seems to evaporate too quickly to be an effective lubricant (for my guns).

It really is a great penetrating oil, even better if you thin it with acetone. Using that combination and patience I was able to remove a number of broken, rusted, exhaust manifold bolts from my (new to me then) 302 Pleasurecraft boat engine.

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:15 am

I buy Kroil by the gallon, best repentant I have found. Not sure how well it will lubricate. They do have another product that has silicone in it, that works pretty good, I'll check the name tomorrow. Also have another product I use on my micrometers, it stays "wet" for quite a while and don't get waxy.
 I was given so Gun Lubricant that is designed especially for guns by Lucas. Haven't tried it yet but will post the name tomorrow. I use other Lucas products and like them very much!

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:43 am

Froneck wrote:I buy Kroil by the gallon, best repentant I have found. Not sure how well it will lubricate. They do have another product that has silicone in it, that works pretty good, I'll check the name tomorrow. Also have another product I use on my micrometers, it stays "wet" for quite a while and don't get waxy.
 I was given so Gun Lubricant that is designed especially for guns by Lucas. Haven't tried it yet but will post the name tomorrow. I use other Lucas products and like them very much!
Repentant?
Please explain.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:56 am

Penetrant?

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:06 am

He's sorry he used it. Repentant.. lol
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 am

Best penetrating oil out there.  I was turned on to Kroil about 30yrs ago by a friend that restores model T's and A's.  He said they could spray down a rusty barn find with Kroil and still get everything apart without any broken bolts.  That sold me and I've been using it ever since.

It's not intended to be a lubricating oil but all oils lubricate to some degree.  The issue with Kroil is that it continues to creep so it thins out.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:46 am

I use a mixture of Hoppe's and Kroil(50/50) for all my pistols... works very well on lead and powder residue.  I also buy it by the gallon along with WD40 which I use around the shop..

for  copper, I use boretech... it will remove copper without brushing. all I'll use on my match Rifle barrels
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 am

First rule of life, blame something else for an error so with that in mind it was my spell checker that did it! I need a better computer!! I therefore repent for the error it made!! lol!

Oh well I do like Kroil and use it quite a bit in my shop. Great stuff. Not a fan of WD-40 but is does make a good "cutting oil" for Acrylic and often use it on Aluminum.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:11 pm

thanks to all!
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down