Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springfield RO surprise

4 posters

Go down

Springfield RO surprise Empty Springfield RO surprise

Post by bob finger 9/28/2016, 2:04 pm

Imagine my thrill when I got home today from the LGS with a new SA 1911 RO in stainless.  The main spring housing was missing the LCS hole!!!  Oh hurrah!  I was dismayed to see the 5 or so pages in the manual describing the ILS in exhausting detail.  

Perhaps I should contact SA and ask to send the manual back?  bob

bob finger

Back to top Go down

Springfield RO surprise Empty Re: Springfield RO surprise

Post by LenV 9/28/2016, 5:56 pm

Bob,  I am feeling sorry for you. I have a couple of extra ILS housings in my "JUNK" drawer. I would be glad to send you one so that you can still use that manual. Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullshooter 9/29/2016, 5:29 am

Bob,
How's the slide to frame fit on the stainless model?
Walt

Bullshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 9/29/2016, 6:16 am

I just put normal pins and an 18# spring into the original RO MSH and it works just fine.  Put in a Colt sear spring too.

Oh yeah.  It holds a Nelson or an Advantage top.  I forget which.  One is on the RO.  One is on the Roddy made LB frame
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by bob finger 9/29/2016, 10:16 am

Len:  Thanks for the offer.  I suspect I will do what 95% of us do.  Ignore the manual.  Standard MSH and parts are well ingrained in my memory.

Walt:  The slide to frame fit is as good as on any factory 1911 I've had.  Brand new it had a bit of a hitch with disconnector drag but 5 minutes of racking an empty slide fixed that.

Cleaned and lubed it last night then went to the range this AM in the rain and ran 100 rounds through it without incident.  I prefer Wilson Combat mags to the mags supplied with the pistol...they will go in the junk drawer although they DID function okay.   Shot at 20 yards and I need to put two clicks on the rear sight as it is going a bit left.  When all my mags were empty I got out of the rain.  bob

bob finger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down