Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP help

+10
Wobbley
jglenn21
davekp
Ghillieman
carykiteboarder
jmdavis
mspingeld
dronning
Chris Miceli
hbeiro
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pardini SP help - Page 2 Empty Pardini SP help

Post by hbeiro 12/23/2016, 7:38 am

First topic message reminder :

My poor little Ruger MKII; I purchased in 1989 was comfortable but exhibiting age issues.  A broken weld in the frame for the bolt stop pin along with a loose barrel to frame engagement, forced me to buy something new.  Champion's Choice in TN sold me the Pardini SPBE.  I ordered Warne rings to mount my Matchdot II per suggestions I had read on this forum that a CZ 550 ring would work great.  They will be delivered today ... I hope.  But now to describe my chagrin ...

I shoot an indoor league in the winter here in Louisville.  Last night with new gun in hand and on a practice night at the range, I planned on sighting in the iron sights and watching my counterparts drool at the sight of a NEW GUN.  OK don't laugh ... too loud ... but the Pardini manual lacks a lot to be desired.  Multiple languages is OK, but to leave out little details like ... hey there is button on the bottom that will hold the bolt back or dry firing is permitted with the dry fire plug, seems a little scant on details.  Someone mentioned a cleaning regiment on another post, but I did not see that in the manual either.  

I loaded some Aguilla pistol match and at a 50-foot paper target I am shooting almost off the paper with a 6 o'clock hold.  Wow, and I worked so hard to get "sharpshooter" with the Ruger.  I pulled out the little screwdriver and rolled 2-clicks down.  Same.  2-clicks more.  Same.  2-clicks more ... now all all the holes are on the paper.  By the way ... the Pardini advanced forward wrist angle and the use of a sand bag is ... not a good idea.  Needless to say, I left the range, frustrated.

hbeiro

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP help - Page 2 Empty SP Shooters

Post by Dipnet 1/21/2017, 10:34 am

Terrific link on cleaning rimfire, thank you.

I've loved cleaning guns since I was a kid, but the habit was started with my Father's admonition to never put a dirty gun away.

I also love the smell of Hoppe's No. 9 and have opined the sent would make an excellent aftershave or a killer aperitif.

I know a Pardini shooter who only uses a Patch Worm to clean his gun, fearing a brush could damage the bore. However, a bronze brush will not hurt the bore, but they should be used with a aluminum, brass, or coated rod as a steel rod could damage any bore if used improperly. I always patch-clean my barrels until the patch is basically clean.

Breaking down the pistol for cleaning also gives one an opportunity to note wear and discover damaged parts (perhaps before something expensive happens). My shooting buddy, who is not an avid gun cleaner, recently discovered the sear leaf of his 45's main spring was broken (and he had just shot a 2700 with it and no alibis in centerfire for 45 stages). He believes the built-up crud kept the broken part in place. I know, beats me. cheers, dipnet
Dipnet
Dipnet

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2