Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swaping to red dot... WOW this is diferent!!! training??

3 posters

Go down

Swaping to red dot...  WOW this is diferent!!!  training?? Empty Swaping to red dot... WOW this is diferent!!! training??

Post by s1120 Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 am

Ok, so shooting is different with a Dot!!  So I finely got around to adding a rail to one of my barrels for my High Standard. I popped on a bofunk brand dot I had laying around, and hit up the range. About a hour messing around getting it at least closely dialed in, but its going to take some practice!!  Any tips for someone just starting out with a DOT?

s1120

Back to top Go down

Swaping to red dot...  WOW this is diferent!!!  training?? Empty Re: Swaping to red dot... WOW this is diferent!!! training??

Post by Ed Hall Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:38 am

When you are first starting out, I suggest concentrating on centering the dot over the bull, but staying with the dot to tube relationship for a while.  After you build confidence in that manner, you can try moving your focus to the target.  Often, moving to the target will tighten your group initially, but if the group starts to widen again, move back to the dot to tube relationship.  Working with dot to tube, will tend to soften your perception of movement.  If you have a good trigger operation, you can move to the target and gain some benefit.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Swaping to red dot...  WOW this is diferent!!!  training?? Empty Re: Swaping to red dot... WOW this is diferent!!! training??

Post by s1120 Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:15 am

Thanks Ed!

Well Ive been doing a lot of dry firing with the Dot, and I'm really starting to see some progress. On a white wall I can come up to aim with a perfectly centered dot, and little movement...  As has been told to me by yourself and others, once I dry fired on a target, it was a car wreck!!  the mind is a terrible thing to lose!!!  But with time its getting better....  Haven't done more live fire since the first sighting in, so I'm going to be surprised when I hit the range for league this weekend!!  Ive seen my shooting scores jump up a lot this year thanks to all the advice ive gotten the last few years from here!!  I'm hoping the dot will help the old eyes improve a bit more!

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:51 am

OK, so range/match report..  First match shooting this thing, and my slow fires went up quite a bit. Groups were tighter, and less flyers. I am still a tick off with my sighting in of the dot, but I wanted to make sure it was the dot that was off, not my shooting...my timed/rapid suffered though!! I found it tough to get back on target fast enough. It did improve later in the match, but still more work to do. Other then keep with the dry firing, any other exercises that might help me with the timed/rapid shooting?

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:56 am

If you have the Bullseye App on your phone, go to the drill section and choose the 3 second drill.  Work on breaking the initial and 2nd shot in the 3 seconds.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by s1120 Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:06 am

Dr.Don wrote:If you have the Bullseye App on your phone, go to the drill section and choose the 3 second drill.  Work on breaking the initial and 2nd shot in the 3 seconds.

I do have it. Thanks Ill give that a shot.

s1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down