Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Les vs. K.C Kustom

+20
Barco
DavidR
rich.tullo
MarkOue
john bickar
SmokinNJokin
Magload
SW-52
Bullseye58
james r chapman
Jack H
jmdavis
dronning
ric1911a1
Froneck
Jon Eulette
LenV
Chris Miceli
javaduke
VolScorpion
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Les vs. K.C Kustom - Page 3 Empty Les vs. K.C Kustom

Post by VolScorpion 3/21/2017, 10:15 am

First topic message reminder :

At a crossroads here, do I buy the les baer decided and drop a k.c roll trigger into it? Or do I go ahead, buy the Springfield range officer and have k.c. rebarrel it, put a new bushing on, and drill and tap it for a scope rail? The cost will be about the same, just need to decide what I want

VolScorpion

Back to top Go down

Les vs. K.C Kustom - Page 3 Empty Re: Les vs. K.C Kustom

Post by Pinetree 5/29/2023, 7:52 pm

The last time I corresponded with KC, he wasn't taking on any new work.

Pinetree
Pinetree

Back to top Go down

Post by hengehold 5/29/2023, 11:12 pm

VolScorpion wrote:I am getting it rebarreled with a new bushing, along with the battle axe short roll trigger.  Just curious of what else needs to be done to make it a 10 ring gun

Something that I think is grossly overlooked is the checkering on the front of the grip. A Springfield RO does not have any checkering from the factory. 25 lines per inch (LPI) is quite comfortable. 20 LPI is a little more aggressive but still managed/comfortable in my opinion. 

If you have not used a 1911 with deep checkering in front then you must try it! It feels like the gun is Velcroed to your hand and makes gripping the gun much more comfortable, especially when shooting a full 2700 or lengthy practice sessions. 

Does this make the gun more accurate? No, but it absolutely makes the gun more shootable. I would not consider using a BE gun without this feature. 

-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Post by L. Boscoe 5/30/2023, 10:01 am

I have LB with the KC roll trigger-works for me, did not know about KC at the time I got the Baer, but Les builds a solid pistol-he is a cranky ol dude, so you have that to deal with, but he builds good stuff.  If KC is available I would go there.

L. Boscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3