Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Keefer Remembered

3 posters

Go down

Jerry Keefer Remembered Empty Jerry Keefer Remembered

Post by xmastershooter 11/24/2017, 12:09 am

Jerry Keefer Remembered Jerry_10
At first, I was hesitant to post any pictures, but this shot of Jerry Keefer speaks volumes.

Jerry Keefer was one of the few individuals who made my first Camp Perry trip memorable.  This custom Jerry Keefer 1911 pistol was given to the highest scoring new Camp Perry shooter.  The next year he gave away a S&W model 14-3 revolver during a drawing at the Bullseye picnic.  Each year Jerry came to Camp Perry to support his shooters who bought his pistols, putting aside his enormous duties of maintaining hundreds of law enforcement firearms.  One year, I came across a crowd by a picnic table and found Jerry taking apart 1911's for his shooters, cleaning each pistol and applying his special lubing technique.  All his tools and cleaning equipment were loaded into his truck so he was always prepared to lend a helping hand.

Although an accomplished shooter, he rarely talked about it and he was always helping others.  Throughout the years Jerry would always answer my questions without hesitation as he did through the Bullseye-List and the Forum.   I was privileged to have known Jerry, and part of Jerry will always be in my 1911 as he helped designed the sear to give it the special roll.

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

Jerry Keefer Remembered Empty Re: Jerry Keefer Remembered

Post by james r chapman 11/24/2017, 6:17 am

Very nice and appreciated tribute.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wells 11/24/2017, 8:14 am

Great pic, it does speak volumes, & many thanks for posting.

xmastershooter:
I hope that you don't mind, but I copied and
pasted a link to this thread over on 1911Forum.

Gary Wells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down