Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How low is too low?

+11
lablover
xmastershooter
Wobbley
USSR
mspingeld
zanemoseley
S148
MarkOue
10sandxs
Jon Eulette
Dcforman
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How low is too low? - Page 2 Empty How low is too low?

Post by Dcforman 1/14/2018, 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

How light is too light for loads? How do you know when you've hit a load that's too Light? Accuracy drops off? Is there any risk outside of simply failing to cycle the gun?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. I swear im searching the forum before I post!

Thanks all!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

How low is too low? - Page 2 Empty Re: How low is too low?

Post by james r chapman 1/17/2018, 5:29 pm

Maybe the old Broadway rest that clamped the bbl and recoiled straight back as I remember.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 1/17/2018, 5:36 pm

SNaymola wrote:I wonder how hard it would be to instrument a ransom rest or similar test rig to measure recoil impulse?
Stan
I would think some multi axis accellerometers would be able to capture the slide velocity vectors and impact forces, which, I think would account for a major portion of the recoil impulse.  the trick I think would be to get a data acquisition system fast enough to capture the curves with enough resolution to be useful.  they exist, but perhaps more than we want to spend.. the accellerometers I believe can be had for tens of dollars as they've become standard equipment in car safety systems (Air bag control) the DAQ, maybe not so much...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by BEA 1/17/2018, 10:33 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth!  I will leave all this techno mumbo jumbo super anal reloading stuff to you intellectual types. My gun cycles fine, my loads are in the same range as everyone else, my shots are right on call, so I will think I will just spend more time at the range practicing.

BEA

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 1/17/2018, 11:01 pm

BEA wrote:You took the words right out of my mouth!  I will leave all this techno mumbo jumbo super anal reloading stuff to you intellectual types. My gun cycles fine, my loads are in the same range as everyone else, my shots are right on call, so I will think I will just spend more time at the range practicing.
you'll never make high master doing that.... oh wait...

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum