Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crosman Blaser

3 posters

Go down

Crosman Blaser Empty Crosman Blaser

Post by Jwhelan939 2/17/2018, 6:24 pm

Has anyone used the Crosman Blaser on their competition gun for practice? I've always wanted to try one. Does it work well? Or is it one of those things that you buy and it never quite works right? Thanks for any input.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Crosman Blaser Empty Re: Crosman Blaser

Post by joem5636 2/18/2018, 6:33 am

I use a Crosman 1701P (I have a SCBA tank) and like it a lot. Not a great trigger, but pretty good. Accuracy is excellent. Shot count before I modded it for more power was at least 60 (30 or so now). You can go to the Crosman Custom Shop and get a better barrel, but Crosman barrels are very good. Heck, even a 2240 or 1740 is good enough and very cheap to buy (30 shots on a CO2 cartridge adds up a bit).

joem5636

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 2/18/2018, 6:03 pm

Jwhelan939 wrote:Has anyone used the Crosman Blaser on their competition gun for practice? I've always wanted to try one. Does it work well? Or is it one of those things that you buy and it never quite works right? Thanks for any input.
I have one and I have used it with my ball gun frame. The difference between a 500gram air pistol trigger and a 4lb ball gun is stark. But I know at least one person who used the conversion for his ball gun practice in his basement. It was his experience that led me to buy one when I found it at a swap meet.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 2/18/2018, 7:30 pm

jmdavis wrote:
Jwhelan939 wrote:Has anyone used the Crosman Blaser on their competition gun for practice? I've always wanted to try one. Does it work well? Or is it one of those things that you buy and it never quite works right? Thanks for any input.
I have one and I have used it with my ball gun frame. The difference between a 500gram air pistol trigger and a 4lb ball gun is stark. But I know at least one person who used the conversion for his ball gun practice in his basement. It was his experience that led me to buy one when I found it at a swap meet.
Is it reliable? Meaning do you spend more time trying to get it to work than practicing?

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 2/18/2018, 8:47 pm

Biggest issue is that when I got it it needed a new seal. I bought one and it has worked fine since. But it is 30 years old. It has worked for me. 

The real question is whether it is better than dryfiring your ball gun ALOT? You have to answer that one.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum