Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier

3 posters

Go down

Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier Empty Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier

Post by GaryWWhite 3/22/2018, 7:38 pm

I have a new Mod 41 S&W and can't see the front sight very easily at all due to it being black.  I'm almost 68 and have pretty good vision but not near as well as I would need to compete without doing something to the front sight so I can see it.  I'm certain that this is a common problem but I could not find this doing a search on line.  I would appreciate your feedback as to what I can do to the front sight to make it more visible.  I have heard using a fluorescent paint from Testors might be helpful?  I don't want to have to put a red dot on the gun unless absolutely necessary. BTW, I am completely new to bullseye shooting.
Thanks!
Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier Empty Re: Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier

Post by hp246 3/22/2018, 9:06 pm

As my eyes have gotten older, I've had the same problem.  I don't think the problem is so much because of the black sight as it is because the light appears dimmer and the sights blur due to aging.  I've gone to a adjustable iris on my shooting glasses when I shoot iron sights.  The dot allows me to use my standard prescriptions lens.

hp246

Back to top Go down

Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier Empty Re: Being Able to see the Front Sight Easier

Post by Mike38 3/22/2018, 9:23 pm

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/nwongmain/eyeguide.html

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/nwongarts.html
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down