Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ball gun question

+2
cdrt
Multiracer
6 posters

Go down

Ball gun question Empty Ball gun question

Post by Multiracer Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:48 am

Is the ejection port allowed to be lowered, flared, modified ?

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Ball gun question Empty Re: Ball gun question

Post by cdrt Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:08 am

I was going to say "yes" but in the current rule book, it does not specifically mention modifying the ejection port like it did in the older rule books before they started adding all the different pistols.  Guess it's a question for the CMP people in charge of the pistol program.  I don't think anyone would call you on it at a match, but they did leave it out.  I kind of miss the old table they had with what was legal or not.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:08 am

Lowering the ejection port improves functionality and under Under 4.2.2 Approved Service Pistol Modifications 
m) Internal modifications to improve functioning and accuracy (e.g., a special match barrel may be fitted). Modifications may not interfere with the proper functioning or safety devices of the firearm.

My take is since all the changes and all the guns that are now qualified as long as you are shooting iron sights and the grips are non metallic and the same on both sides any mods you make can't interfere with any safety device or extend the sight radius then you are pretty much good to go.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:30 am

So, I will try the CMP peeps.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:14 am

dronning wrote:Lowering the ejection port improves functionality and under Under 4.2.2 Approved Service Pistol Modifications 
m) Internal modifications to improve functioning and accuracy (e.g., a special match barrel may be fitted). Modifications may not interfere with the proper functioning or safety devices of the firearm.

My take is since all the changes and all the guns that are now qualified as long as you are shooting iron sights and the grips are non metallic and the same on both sides any mods you make can't interfere with any safety device or extend the sight radius then you are pretty much good to go.
- Dave

Lowering the ejection port is an external mod, not internal.  I saw m) as well, but it does not address the question.  That's why I mentioned the old table/chart that was in earlier rule books.  Yes, it is probably okay, but it is not covered in the rules anymore.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 am

Multiracer wrote:Is the ejection port allowed to be lowered, flared, modified ?

My ball gun is already lowered, years ago.  I don't think it would be DQ'd.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Most slides come that way from the factory now.. Many are not as radical as what some BE wad guns are cut but still I don't find it needed on most Caspian slides. .. Unless the slide is cut like a true old Military slide, then you probably don't need it cut any more with an open sight pistol any way.  YMMV
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Jack H wrote:
Multiracer wrote:Is the ejection port allowed to be lowered, flared, modified ?

My ball gun is already lowered, years ago.  I don't think it would be DQ'd.

Correct.  I would not DQ anyone for a modified ejection port, simply because, as stated above, most 1911's come that way.  The Rule Book just needs a clarification of something that was legal and still should be.  I think they overreached when they added all those pistols and they decided the table/chart was obsolete.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks guys.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 am

I would be very surprised if an old 1911 ball gun with all the old approved mods., was disallowed by any referee. Although as time passes, all the old ways are not known by younger folks. How odd it would be to see someone shooting one of those old pistols with factory 230 gr. ball ammo!
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down