Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model 52 Ejection Issue

3 posters

Go down

Model 52 Ejection Issue Empty Model 52 Ejection Issue

Post by 230Ball 4/13/2018, 4:50 pm

I just returned from the range after dusting off the ol' Model 52(-2) after literally 20 years.  I used to load my own ammo when I was on a team back then, but no longer have the equipment nor can remember the reloading data.  Anyway, I ordered a few boxes of Federal Match 148gr LWC, figuring it would be easily digested by the 52.  The ammo fed fine, but stove-piped on every ejection.  The extractor "appears" to fine; however, I don't know if the recoil spring is the correct weight. Or, I could be totally off track on what's causing the malfunction.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

PS - BTW, I also took my Beretta M9 to the range to test it's "feel" as a bullseye pistol, since I'm looking into obtaining one as my ball gun.  I shocked myself by getting all rounds in the black on a B-8 (that's all they had) target at 25 yds with combat sights.  Not bad for me...
230Ball
230Ball

Back to top Go down

Model 52 Ejection Issue Empty Re: Model 52 Ejection Issue

Post by Wobbley 4/14/2018, 10:32 am

Try different ammo. It may be recoil spring, it may be different ammo. Fiocchi does not function my pistol. Sellier and Bellot functions but just. Magtech functions Fine as does Remington. My reloads of 2.8 Bullseye behind a 148 HBWC functions fine and shoots well.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hp246 4/14/2018, 5:57 pm

You said it's been setting for 20 years.  Did you give it a thorough cleaning.  I have Model 52 no dash.  Federal was always my go to round.  The only times I have had problems were when it was cruddy.  A good cleaning always solved the problem.  If it's been setting for 20 yeas, it's possible the lubricants have failed and turned to varnish gumming everything up.

hp246

Back to top Go down

Post by 230Ball 4/14/2018, 8:20 pm

Gents,
Many thanks for your replies!  I will try both different ammo and a thorough cleaning.  I did clean the pistol well, but did not remove the extractor, which just may have enough gummed-up lube to make it stick.
Cheers
230Ball
230Ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down