Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How'd I Do?

5 posters

Go down

How'd I Do? Empty How'd I Do?

Post by USSR 4/24/2018, 8:55 pm

Just bought 980 New Starline .45 ACP brass for $100 shipped.   Didn't really need any more .45 ACP brass, but  D@mn, too good to pass up.

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

How'd I Do? Empty Re: How'd I Do?

Post by LenV 4/26/2018, 9:26 pm

So, how did you do? Starline sells new cases for 164.50 a 1000 delivered. Price wise you did great. But how did you do? I bought 1000 "new" Starline sight unseen and I didn't do so good. Great price but the brass was badly tarnished and had dark brown spots. I could not clean them up. They shoot fine but I wish I had bought from Midway or direct from Starline.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by USSR 4/26/2018, 9:37 pm

Len,

Sorry to hear your "deal" didn't work out.   The guy says these are "new" just not in the original box.   We shall see.   However, if they are tarnished or whatever, I'll just run them thru my wet tumbler and then they will look like new.   I'll let you know how I make out.

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 4/27/2018, 8:18 am

I see ads for guys who "buy in bulk" and then sell smaller quantities.   I always wondered whether they were obsessive case-length-measurers who pulled the long ones and sold on the ones of average to short OAL.  That doubt and the minimal price difference made me plan to go direct to Starline when the need is there.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/27/2018, 8:45 am

Aprilian wrote:I see ads for guys who "buy in bulk" and then sell smaller quantities.   I always wondered whether they were obsessive case-length-measurers who pulled the long ones and sold on the ones of average to short OAL.  That doubt and the minimal price difference made me plan to go direct to Starline when the need is there.
Great Deal USSR!

There is so little variation in Starline brass if I could save $20/1000 for new brass I'd buy it let alone $60/1000!  If I needed more I'd even pay $100/1000 for once fired Starline. 
- Dave 
If I needed more?? What am I saying - there's always room for more brass!!  lol!
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by USSR 4/27/2018, 8:51 am

dronning wrote:
If I needed more?? What am I saying - there's always room for more brass!!  lol!

I see we suffer from the same sickness, Dave. Laughing

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by Saladman 4/28/2018, 3:30 pm

I didn't actually count them out, but I recently cleaned all my starline brass and was a little surprised to see how much I had...  

And I always buy 100 pieces for every match, specifically for the long line.  I wish I could get it that cheap!

Saladman

Back to top Go down

Post by USSR 4/30/2018, 5:55 pm

Arrived today, very happy.   Definitely new, never fired.  

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum