Need a dealer recommendation please

Go down

Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/15/2018, 7:57 am

Ready to pull the trigger on a new BE gun.  Strongly considered a Les Baer, have shot one, loved it.  But endless discussions and Googlations (and a much better phone experience x1000 at RR compared to Baer) have pulled me over to Rock River and their Bullseye Wadcutter.  I would highly recommend the folks at LB don't laugh when you inquire about wait times for a gun.  The gentleman from RR told me to find a dealer, and I've called about 6-7 from Rock Rivers list of dealers, and NOT ONE of them is familiar with their Bullseye Gun.  Responses varied from "They make a bullseye gun?" to "Oh, yeah, Rock Island, great gun for the price," to "Well, every gun is a bullseye gun, isn't that where we aim?" to my favorite:

"I'm a Rock River dealer????"  
"Yup, you're on their website."
"Never heard of them...I prefer to sell American guns."  CLICK... (HE hung up, not me).   

Clearly I don't need a dealer in my town, I just need a solid dealer who will order this gun for me and ship it to my FFL when complete.  Someone who knows what the heck I'm talking about!

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Tim:H11 on 5/15/2018, 8:23 am

Find a dealer, and regardless of wether or not they are familiar with the product, have all the information about the gun written down or printed out or both. They just need to know who to call, and what to order. “What to order” can simply be a product number. Have all the details down and ask them to place the order. 

Would Rock River not place the order for the gun over the phone and send it to an FFL near you?
avatar
Tim:H11

Posts : 1200
Join date : 2015-11-04
Age : 29
Location : Columba, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by BE Mike on 5/15/2018, 8:28 am

Laminarman wrote:Ready to pull the trigger on a new BE gun.  Strongly considered a Les Baer, have shot one, loved it.  But endless discussions and Googlations (and a much better phone experience x1000 at RR compared to Baer) have pulled me over to Rock River and their Bullseye Wadcutter.  I would highly recommend the folks at LB don't laugh when you inquire about wait times for a gun.  The gentleman from RR told me to find a dealer, and I've called about 6-7 from Rock Rivers list of dealers, and NOT ONE of them is familiar with their Bullseye Gun.  Responses varied from "They make a bullseye gun?" to "Oh, yeah, Rock Island, great gun for the price," to "Well, every gun is a bullseye gun, isn't that where we aim?" to my favorite:

"I'm a Rock River dealer????"  
"Yup, you're on their website."
"Never heard of them...I prefer to sell American guns."  CLICK... (HE hung up, not me).   

Clearly I don't need a dealer in my town, I just need a solid dealer who will order this gun for me and ship it to my FFL when complete.  Someone who knows what the heck I'm talking about!
Rock River is an excellent choice. Just call RR and tell them the story. I'm sure that they'll figure out a way to get a 2 grand+ pistol to you. In what state are you located?
avatar
BE Mike

Posts : 1482
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Bullseye_Stan on 5/15/2018, 8:35 am

I get the impression, and I haven't bought a 1911 from Rock River, that they don't sell guns to individuals but only to dealers.  If you want a 1911 Rock River Bullseye pistol, you need to ask a dealer to order one for you.  There is a list of dealers on the Rock River website, and they can be contacted as described by Laminarman.  I haven't contacted any of the local dealers on the Rock River list to inquire about a 1911 bullseye gun.  I'd prefer not to do business that way, but that's how Rock River does and I respect how they choose to do business.


Last edited by Bullseye_Stan on 5/15/2018, 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reword sentence)

Bullseye_Stan

Posts : 255
Join date : 2017-06-11
Location : Hampton Roads, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Chris Miceli on 5/15/2018, 8:36 am

Any quality bullseye gun you'll have to wait. Larry might have some Rock River Arms.

http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Rock-River-Arms-Bullseye-wadcutter-pistol__RRAWCRIB.aspx

Its your $$ but i suggest you look at custom gun built by a bullseye smith.

 If you have to go with a "factory" match gun do look at Rock River and Springfield Armory Custom shop. Not uncommon for them to have similar wait times to custom build guns by bullseye smiths.
avatar
Chris Miceli

Posts : 2143
Join date : 2015-10-27
Location : Northern Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/15/2018, 9:19 am

Thanks everyone.  Yes, I was told I had to go through one of their dealers, not through them and I'm fine with that.  If they support their dealers I'm giving them a thumbs up for that business model.  I'm in Upstate NY, I called a few NY dealers and a few PA dealers geographically close to me, although that doesn't matter.  As far as "Just order me this gun..." I had a very bad experience doing that with a Beretta bird gun.  Gun came in rusty and pitted, and the dealer wouldn't give me the $3,000 deposit back said had to wait for another gun, and he tried to give me the pitted gun after he clearly cleaned it up. So I don't quite buy the notion that a dealer is a dealer, some are simply better than others and will help you out if there's a problem.  I did look into some custom built guns, and while I'm willing to spend $2500+, I'm not able to go $5,000+ which is about where some of these prices are heading very quickly in the blink of an eye.  RR told me the wait will be "months and months" and that is not a concern. I want a shooter at price that doesn't cause too much pain.  My pain threshold like I said is about $3,000.  Thank you for all the help.

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by budgetbob on 5/15/2018, 10:50 am

I agree with Chris, you might want to go with a custom build, but Larry's shopping cart will accept an order for A Rock River, so maybe it is in stock.  If you want to consider a Les Bare, Champions Choice web site shows 2 in stock.  Good luck with your hunt.

budgetbob

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by SW-52 on 5/15/2018, 4:34 pm

Chris Miceli wrote:Any quality bullseye gun you'll have to wait. Larry might have some Rock River Arms.

http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Rock-River-Arms-Bullseye-wadcutter-pistol__RRAWCRIB.aspx

Its your $$ but i suggest you look at custom gun built by a bullseye smith.

 If you have to go with a "factory" match gun do look at Rock River and Springfield Armory Custom shop. Not uncommon for them to have similar wait times to custom build guns by bullseye smiths.
+1
avatar
SW-52

Posts : 420
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by SmokinNJokin on 5/15/2018, 6:34 pm

At that price, I would certainly consider accuracy x. Stellar track record and good communication. I believe current wait time is around 6 months.

SmokinNJokin

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-07-27
Location : Nicholasville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Keyholed on 5/15/2018, 9:58 pm

Laminarman wrote:"I'm a Rock River dealer????"  
"Yup, you're on their website."
"Never heard of them...I prefer to sell American guns."  CLICK... (HE hung up, not me).

Sometimes I think I'd enjoy owning a gun shop.

Then I think I maybe don't know that much about guns, to be able to deal in stuff I don't even shoot (Sigs and long-guns, basically).

But then I think, "Well hell, you know the difference between Rock Island Armory (Armscor) and Rock River Arms. How hard could it be?"

Keyholed

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/16/2018, 7:55 am

Keyholed wrote:
Laminarman wrote:"I'm a Rock River dealer????"  
"Yup, you're on their website."
"Never heard of them...I prefer to sell American guns."  CLICK... (HE hung up, not me).

Sometimes I think I'd enjoy owning a gun shop.

Then I think I maybe don't know that much about guns, to be able to deal in stuff I don't even shoot (Sigs and long-guns, basically).

But then I think, "Well hell, you know the difference between Rock Island Armory (Armscor) and Rock River Arms. How hard could it be?"

You couldn't make me want to own one.  I'd rather own a bar.  My buddy was an Orvis dealer and higher grade gun dealer and he literally spent his days showing product only to have the sale go to the internet and firearms shipped in from Gunbroker where he made his $35 FFL transfer fee.  Tough, tough business unless you have an incredible niche I think, and even then you're a regulation away from being out of business.  I buy as much as I possible can from a local dealer.

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/16/2018, 9:40 am

Oh, BTW, the wadcutter from Larry's sold out a few days ago.  He said he can't keep them in stock, they come in about every three months one at a time, they go out right away.  So I'm on the list now and will wait my turn with Larry's.  Great to talk to.  In the meantime will also explore other products and can always opt to purchase something else sooner if necessary.  I'm not in a hurry.  Kinda... : )

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by zanemoseley on 5/16/2018, 1:54 pm

If you can spare $3500 or so go with a custom. I've got both a RRA and a custom, both are nice but the custom is nicer. Or best yet buy both and use the RRA for a backup.

zanemoseley

Posts : 557
Join date : 2015-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/16/2018, 2:05 pm

zanemoseley wrote:"...or best yet buy both and use the RRA for a backup."

Shocked  Both.  What a great idea!

  

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Fotomaniac on 5/17/2018, 9:21 am

Bullseye Guns can be challenging...if you’re budget conscious then perhaps you could find a gently used one locally...get to shoot it before you buy it.  Another route would be to buy a stock item and send it to a known top smith...like Dave Salyer, KC Kustom, etc.  if you like the feel of the pistol, then they can tune it up to your requirements.  It may also get you what you want, and save you some $. If you are looking for a full on custom job, you’re gonna put out some money...AccuracyX is one of the primo top end shops with a no-excuse business policy of putting out pistols that perform.  www.accuracyx.com


Last edited by Fotomaniac on 5/17/2018, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Fotomaniac

Posts : 51
Join date : 2015-02-27
Location : Philadelphia

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by lyman1903 on 5/21/2018, 1:51 pm

you mention you are in the PA/NY border area, 

you may want to consider going to the Nationals at Perry and shopping Commercial Row, 

not sure if RRA will be there for the Pistol comps (they usually are for Service Rifle) , however if so, you can handle, and likely place an order while there,,, then have it shipped to your local FFL if they cannot order for you,,

I'm and RRA dealer, at least on their website, but do not stock anything (good to buy from as a dealer ,, just don't stock a lot of AR's if I can help it)

lyman1903

Posts : 81
Join date : 2017-12-26
Location : Beach Va, not Va Beach

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/21/2018, 1:58 pm

Thank you Lyman.  Jim Peck helped me out and I ordered a RRA Wadcutter from a local dealer with Jim's excellent and generous help.

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/21/2018, 1:58 pm

Thank you Lyman.  Jim Peck helped me out and I ordered a RRA Wadcutter from a local dealer with Jim's excellent and generous help.

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Laminarman on 5/21/2018, 1:59 pm

Drats double post

Laminarman

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Need a dealer recommendation please

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum