Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beretta 92 recoil spring question.

3 posters

Go down

Beretta 92 recoil spring question. Empty Beretta 92 recoil spring question.

Post by Gunsnjeeps Tue May 29, 2018 7:19 pm

For 115 grain ammo what is the best weight recoil spring?  Or for specific weights rather than a spring that covers a weight range?  Playing with my Beretta for fun but want to keep it useful.  Wolff says the 13 pound hammer spring and standard weight trigger conversion unit will maintain a 4 pound CMP weight trigger.  So that part is decided, now just need the recoil spring for better handling.

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Beretta 92 recoil spring question. Empty Re: Beretta 92 recoil spring question.

Post by robert84010 Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Wolff makes just a couple of springs for the 92. You should probably buy the ones available and decide what works best for you and the ammo you use. I bought the 15lb. spring, very little difference.
You do not need the stock mainspring to make the 4 pound trigger weight and I highly recommend you change it for a better trigger break. There is a huge improvement to be gained there from a stock 92 trigger break.

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunsnjeeps Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 pm

I ordered parts last week and they are trickling in.  Ergo grips are here, Brownells is here, Wolff Springs should be here Wednesday or Thursday.  More to follow.

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Post by NuJudge Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Something you may want to experiment with is  the Langdon Tactical "Trigger Job In A Bag" (TJIAB).  It uses the new Wilson trigger bar, the engagement surfaces are buffed, and one gets one's choice of mainspring weights:  I am experimenting with 13 and 14 pound weights.

NuJudge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunsnjeeps Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm

I found out about the trigger bar while I was looking at springs and the shorter pull trigger.  It might be a future part after this step.

I also started reading about the trigger job in a bag after I ordered some of my parts.

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunsnjeeps Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Finally made it to the range. I had one disapointment, two light strikes in double action out of 40 rounds.

The Ergo grips ended up 3 thousandths thicker.  The are a much better surface than the factory hard plastic grip.

The 13 pound hammer spring and Trigger Conversion Unit are a smooth consistent 5 pounds 10 for 10.  The old factory springs were 5 and a half but went from under five to almost seven in ten pulls.  Double action is more than my eight pound scale reads.  The hammer moves before eight pounds now.

I went with a factory weight recoil spring, after I got it I got an email that recommended 2 pounds heavier.

My only complaint was the light strikes.  Need reliable double action for 3 gun (or the odd non .45 carry day.)  If Wilson doesn't sell their draw bar I'll have to buy their kit even though I don't need the springs.

Gunsnjeeps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down