Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CZ 75 B SA for EIC?

+4
rich.tullo
Saladman
cdrt
sbtzc
8 posters

Go down

CZ 75 B SA for EIC? Empty CZ 75 B SA for EIC?

Post by sbtzc Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Would a CZ 75 B SA (single action) be suitable for EIC and service pistol matches?

What modifications would be required?
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

CZ 75 B SA for EIC? Empty Re: CZ 75 B SA for EIC?

Post by cdrt Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Looks like it could use some adjustable sights.  And make sure it is in 9mm; that's only caliber allowed in the rule book for that model.  It appears the NRA deleted any reference to Service Pistols in the May revision of the rule book, so I guess Service Pistol matches are solely CMP events now.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Saladman Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:36 pm

You can't really modify the gun to be more accurate except for one part.  I'm not sure which size barrel the SA has, but there are two bushings available.

You can modify the trigger and sights with numerous options.  The slide/frame fit can't really be modified due to the cast frame.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/barrel-bushing-sp-01-10x/
or
https://cajungunworks.com/product/barrel-bushing-for-sp-01-10x/

Saladman

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Need a 1911 type bushing. 

Probably avoid doing a trigger job. Stock trigger is 90% good. 

Standard 75s weight #4, but with a trigger job they go under #3. 

Challenge is getting the right sight set for 50 yards.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, it needs adjustable sights. And you're right about 9mm as CMP's only allowed version. Thanks.

Cajun looks like a good place for upgrades, including this rear sight?
https://cajungunworks.com/product/15339-fully-adjustable-rear-sight/

and perhaps barrel crowning?
https://cajungunworks.com/product/barrel-crowning-9mm/

Unfortunate,  the 1911 type bushing Cajun has is for the model 97.

Would it be best to have my local smith to install the bushing? Pounding it in with a block of wood sounds kind of cavemanish.

I've read these guns are 3" to 3.5" guns at 50 yards out of the box. Is that you guys' experience and/or observation?

Thanks again
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:44 pm

If you like the platform, crowning the barrel and installing their 10x bushing should get it under 3 inches. 

That TRP sight should work if add a patridge style front sight.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Orpanaut Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:56 pm

I actually have a CZ-75 SA and it's a nice pistol but I haven't done any accuracy testing with it because the sights are so small.

Orpanaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:58 pm

CGW have two sizes of their 10X bushings. SP-01 models for .550" barrels and standard CZ75B bushings for .500" diameter barrels. CZ75B SA (9mm) use standard .500" barrels. Replacement at home with minimum hand tools is not difficult. Results will vary depending on the original factory bushing fit. If OEM bushing is tight, you may not see much improvement. Barrel crowning is rarely needed unless you ding it. The one best improvement you can do is (if rules allow) to change the hammer and sear to CGW race hammer set. The trigger difference is amazing. The complete package (Defense or Pro) will round up the trigger performance.
2" groups (and smaller) at 50m with right ammo is not out of questions anymore.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 am

Boris_La wrote:CGW have two sizes of their 10X bushings. SP-01 models for .550" barrels and standard CZ75B bushings for .500" diameter barrels. CZ75B SA (9mm) use standard .500" barrels. Replacement at home with minimum hand tools is not difficult. Results will vary depending on the original factory bushing fit. If OEM bushing is tight, you may not see much improvement. Barrel crowning is rarely needed unless you ding it. The one best improvement you can do is (if rules allow) to change the hammer and sear to CGW race hammer set. The trigger difference is amazing. The complete package (Defense or Pro) will round up the trigger performance.
2" groups (and smaller) at 50m with right ammo is not out of questions anymore.
Cajun told me that typically the kit get them under #3 which is a no go for EIC, but maybe great for BE with a red dot. 

I would also be concerned about the sights for EIC. 

CZ 75 is wonderful pistol and I never met one I did not like.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 am

Again, thanks for the advice. The CZ 75 is quite interesting. I've only been able to find double/single action examples to feel locally. The trigger on these examples in single action feels like there's three stages, perhaps in part due to the firing pin block?

To remove the firing pin block, CZ sells a spacer
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fire-control/cz-75b-firing-pin-lifter-spacer.html

Or a pre-model b sear
https://czcustom.com/cz-75-factory-sear-pre-b-sear.html

Would this modification disqualify the pistol from EIC?
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 am

If you remove the firing pin block, it would an illegal modification.  From the Rule Book, page 38:

k) All standard safety features must remain in place and operate properly.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:54 am

cdrt wrote:If you remove the firing pin block, it would an illegal modification.  From the Rule Book, page 38:

k) All standard safety features must remain in place and operate properly.

OK that's out. Instead of reading reviews and modifications on the gun, I need to invest some time with the rule book first. - thanks
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by kashaV Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 pm

CZ 75B SA with 22 Kadet top end. Excellent accuracy for a service pistol.
CGW hammer and adj. sear. Super polish on moving parts.
Attachments
CZ 75 B SA for EIC? Attachment
IMG_0805.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(59 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
CZ 75 B SA for EIC? Attachment
IMG_0869.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(40 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

kashaV

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Upon reviewing the rules, it appears that the firing pin block must be in place and functional. OK, not a deal buster.

As far as stuff I would want to modify;

Skate board tape can be added to the grip. Tape cannot be added the front of the slide because that's not explicitly listed as acceptable?

The sights, front and rear can be replaced with adjustable rear and non-adjustable front. The rear must be a notch. The sights may be colored or fiber optic (I'm surprised at this).

The bushing and internal 'guts' can be replaced as long as the trigger is at least 4 lbs. Hammers can be anything.

cdrt, did I get it right?
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Ack Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:31 pm

You may want to get clarification that the SA only version can be used since the CZ75 was designed as a DA/SA pistol. 

Rule 4.2 l: Double action/single action pistols must have an operable double action firing mechanism.

J.Ack

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:43 pm

J.Ack wrote:You may want to get clarification that the SA only version can be used since the CZ75 was designed as a DA/SA pistol. 

Rule 4.2 l: Double action/single action pistols must have an operable double action firing mechanism.

I hope this isn't a problem. The rules only say 75 Series and chambered in 9mm.
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:47 pm

kashaV wrote:CZ 75B SA with 22 Kadet top end.  Excellent accuracy for a service pistol.
CGW hammer and adj. sear.  Super polish on moving parts.

That's a sweet 50 ft group!
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 am

sbtzc wrote:Upon reviewing the rules, it appears that the firing pin block must be in place and functional. OK, not a deal buster.

As far as stuff I would want to modify;

Skate board tape can be added to the grip. Tape cannot be added the front of the slide because that's not explicitly listed as acceptable?

The sights, front and rear can be replaced with adjustable rear and non-adjustable front. The rear must be a notch. The sights may be colored or fiber optic (I'm surprised at this).

The bushing and internal 'guts' can be replaced as long as the trigger is at least 4 lbs. Hammers can be anything.

cdrt, did I get it right?

Yep, that about covers it.  I would not worry about the single action only thing, the rules, as you noted just say the CZ 75 Series which would include your pistol.  Correct, no tape on the slide.  It would not serve a purpose anyway.  They added the fiber optic sight rule last year (I think).  I was surprised as well, but I guess they did it since they allowed them on the .22 EIC pistols.

I really appreciate it, when shooters set their trigger pull slightly above four pounds, like 4 1/4.  It just makes it quicker when we are weighing triggers.  I had several at Midland that were close and it took a couple tries to get the hold the four pound weight.  The rule book says we give it three tries and that's it.  At least the three or so, who did not make it, were able to get someone to work on them before we started shooting, so they did make weight.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum