Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrilege?

+13
STEVE SAMELAK
Keyholed
messenger
CrankyThunder
lyman1903
Sa-tevp
SmokinNJokin
james r chapman
Gary Wells
zanemoseley
bullseye
fc60
Axehandle
17 posters

Go down

Sacrilege? Empty Sacrilege?

Post by Axehandle 6/19/2018, 2:10 pm

Anyone else see it?  I've got six sets and it is on every box..
Sacrilege? SMQKJOp

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Sacrilege? Empty Re: Sacrilege?

Post by fc60 6/19/2018, 2:19 pm

Greetings,

If I were shooting a Glock at 7 yards missing the pie plates, I would certainly entertain the idea of machine rest testing my pistol.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by bullseye 6/19/2018, 2:59 pm

What is this world coming to?..... No

bullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/19/2018, 3:22 pm

Do you have to remove the plastic grips to clamp into the RR.... oh wait there'd be nothing left.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wells 6/19/2018, 8:06 pm

"Yes Sir, I would love to shoot your Gluck. Let me put it out there with the rest of the targets".
t

Gary Wells

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 6/19/2018, 8:28 pm

Lol, wow!

Wonder if the to a lot of unhappy plastic gun enthusiasts.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 6/19/2018, 9:01 pm

They should put a * disclaimer under the photo,,,, glock for illustrative purposes only, rest for use with any target pistol lol.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 6/20/2018, 6:17 am

I have inserts for a gen 3 and gen 4 G17 coming to play with.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin 6/22/2018, 2:16 pm

I am actually fascinated to hear how a stock glock shoots @50yds. I have owned over a dozen of them, and there are (millions?) in circulation, and no one has any hard data as to accuracy on these things. As Dave points out.. rarely have I tried to shoot anything past 7 yards with one.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 6/22/2018, 5:36 pm

I just acquired a dogsh!tbrown G19x and am having fun scaring the indoor range commandos by shooting it only at 25 yards. I shoot at B-8 repair centers I saved up from our indoor 22 matches and Fiocchi 115g FMJ holds the black easily. I bought the gun as the lowest common denominator pistol for other forms of competition. The G19X had the best trigger in the store and felt like the Gucci Glocks. The barrel hood fits tight and the grip fits me (unlike the dimension lumber feeling grips of the past versions of perfection).

It would be a hoot to get some Atlanta Arms AMU ammo and Ransom Rest it. I also look forward to seeing if I can keep all shots on paper at 50 yards when I get a chance to shoot outdoors.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 6/22/2018, 5:36 pm

Axehandle wrote:I have inserts for a gen 3 and gen 4 G17 coming to play with.

please post results when you get a chance, 

genuinely interested , I have a first gen (88 vintage) 17
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 6/24/2018, 7:21 am

I recently acquired a Glock Model 34 generation 3.  And like Sav-tevp, been shooting them with standard bullseye targets at 25 and 50 yards.   

While the trigger is um....."Interesting", what is funny is the looks I get from the tacti-cool crowd.  

While the trigger is not acceptable to me as a bullseye quality trigger, its not that bad.
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 6/24/2018, 9:25 am

FWIW I have a few Glocks and I have installed TR Grahams match grade barrel locks in all of them. It's basically a slide take down lever with a smaller slot. More consistent lock up. The larger the caliber the more accuracy achieved. If you have any interest TR Graham's email is grhm458@cs.com. There are those that claim barrel chipping but I have used them for over ten years and never had a problem.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 6/24/2018, 1:22 pm

CrankyThunder wrote:I recently acquired a Glock Model 34 generation 3.  And like Sav-tevp, been shooting them with standard bullseye targets at 25 and 50 yards.   

While the trigger is um....."Interesting", what is funny is the looks I get from the tacti-cool crowd.  

While the trigger is not acceptable to me as a bullseye quality trigger, its not that bad.

"My mom said I could" is my usual answer when someone tells me I should only shoot at 7 or 10 yards, or that I shouldn't take apart my Colt revolvers. I take a Smokey Yunick approach to conventional wisdom.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyholed 6/24/2018, 1:46 pm

Well, you've already got a Gen3 trigger bar, Cranky. A Ghost Edge, Pro 3.3, or Evo Elite connector will take the trigger the rest of the way. All three will eliminate the "wall" before the break. The Pro and Evo Elite also have overtravel stops, but require fitting. You're going to need a Dremel and a file, and a stone comes in handy. The Edge doesn't have an overtravel stop, but it's drop-in.

You can also try the Ghost spring kit while you're at it, but using the entire kit results in a perhaps too light trigger and can make the pistol a little ammo-sensitive.

Keyholed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wells 6/25/2018, 8:43 am

BTW, I actually think that Glocks are great guns proven by the # of L.E.agencies over the years, but I don't & won't own 1 due to their butt ugliness. Just a FWIW.

Gary Wells

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 6/25/2018, 8:56 am

They do what they are supposed to do.
Ball-peen  hammers my be ugly but every tool box should have one.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wells 6/25/2018, 1:57 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:They do what they are supposed to do.
Ball-peen  hammers my be ugly but every tool box should have one.
Oh crap, now I need a ball-peen hammer too.
Some people like form as well as function.

Gary Wells

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle 6/27/2018, 6:28 am

Simple tools with no souls... No more no less.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpjunkie 6/27/2018, 6:29 pm

My son shoots a Glock 34 box stock in our local PPC matches. Last week he cranked out a 588 out of 600 possible and gave me a run for my money. As far as service pistols go I think they are pretty darn good. But they are utilitarian butt ugly.

Bpjunkie

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 6/27/2018, 10:18 pm

I have about a dozen of Glocks.  Carry two of them - 43 and 26, Have 17 at my bed side.  Have three 17Ls - two are the shooters, one is pristine, - nice target instruments, and so is mentioned several times in this tread - 34.  Have 40MOS in 10mm and 41 in 45ACP, - solid guns, never mind sights, - I replaced those as soon as guns out of the box.  Shut 19x first time today, - latest addition to my collection.  Very nice shooting gun, and BTW comes with sights, that I don't have to replace.  Yet, I have no hesitation to use any of these as a hammer (making sure first it is unloaded, of course) if I need to, and no other more suitable instrument is available.  Yes, they are f-ugly, but, as one of my friends calls them, - these are the truck guns.  The ones, that you through under the seat, and not worry if they will get dirty, and will not shoot when you need them too.  Just proper tool for proper job.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 6/28/2018, 12:10 am

I can sort of understand making a ransom rest insert for a Glock. I sometimes waste my time testing things. Even going so far as making a mount to do it. Rolling Eyes I get bored.

Sacrilege? Dscf0812
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 6/28/2018, 11:45 am

I tried for the longest time trying to make a target pistol out of a M&P.  I own about all the models and came the closest with a 9mm long CORE with every thing changed in it even a fitted barrel.  The manager at the range kept telling me I was never going to make a BE gun out of it but I didn't listen very well besides he carried a Glock what did he know.  One day I walked into the range store and there in the counter was a beautiful 1911 Gold Cup which I bought and have never bought another M&P.  I am now up to 26 handguns with the last one KC did for me and not a single one says Glock on it.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum