Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum thoughts

+3
lyman1903
Jon Eulette
285wannab
7 posters

Go down

forum thoughts Empty forum thoughts

Post by 285wannab 6/22/2018, 3:35 pm

Not sure if I should post this in this forum but here goes.   I have a new M&P 2.0 9mm.  The gun is nice but my issue is movement between the frame and the slide.  Close to 1/8 side to side in the front and same up and down in the front.  I sent it back to S&W and they returned it and said it was ok.  Coming from a bullseye background I would like zero play.  I doesn't group good but it has a 10lb trigger so that can't help.  I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this.

285wannab

Back to top Go down

forum thoughts Empty Re: forum thoughts

Post by Jon Eulette 6/22/2018, 4:18 pm

Good pistol after fitting Apex 1:10 twist barrel and a trigger job. The vertical play will be eliminated by fitting new barrel and the side to side will slightly be less because of the tighter barrel lock up. I recently built one and got really nice groups with AA 115 match jhp. I really like them.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 6/22/2018, 5:34 pm

they are a great Police/Security/Self Defense firearm, 

made to do a job and they do it relatively well 

to get to the level you desire, you will need to do what Mr Eulette did, and modify, if you want to go that route,
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyholed 6/22/2018, 5:36 pm

It's not a bullseye gun. It's not designed to make a 1.5" group at 50 yards, it's designed to function covered in dirt, mud, and holster lint.

Keyholed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 6/22/2018, 7:49 pm

Out of all the plastic guns available the M&P is by far the best. The last one I worked on was a 5” barreled CORE model with RMR scope. It destroyed the X ring at 25 yds....easily! I didn’t have a chance to shoot 50 but I would guess sub 2” no problem. Takes some doing to get to 2.5# on the trigger. The grip is narrow and comfortable. I plan on building my own BE gun outta mine someday when I have time. Probably 3 years out Sad
Apex makes great parts for them. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 6/22/2018, 8:03 pm

Agree totally with Jon.. The M&P is soooo  much better than the Glocks for me
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 6/22/2018, 9:30 pm

My vote for better (I don't venture to say "best") plastic gun goes to XDm(s) 5.25 and 4.5 OSP with Powder River Precision Trigger Kit.  Modification with this kit is legal for competition, provides for ~2lbs trigger and shorter reset.  I was surprised how good Venom red dot is.  I have several guns with RMR, i.e. Les Baer 10mm Hunter, and have issues with dot distortion (even called Trijicon on this subject), because I shoot in prescription glasses.  Venom has less distortion than RMR.  But I deviated from the topic, sorry...
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyholed 6/23/2018, 1:03 am

Glock 34 MOS, m'self. Shoots nice pretty groups at 25 yards even with plated ammo, but I mostly use it to entertain myself and burn powder at 10-15. Apex flat-face trigger and a slew of trigger parts from Apex and Ghost.

Honestly, people rag on polymer striker guns, but they're all fine inside of 25 yards, no matter what the manufacturer--G-Lock, S&W, Sig, Walther, H&K, whatever. Except the H&K, which is hot garbage because they couldn't be bothered putting the mag release in the right place.

Keyholed

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 6/28/2018, 12:00 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Out of all the plastic guns available the M&P is by far the best. The last one I worked on was a 5” barreled CORE model with RMR scope. It destroyed the X ring at 25 yds....easily! I didn’t have a chance to shoot 50 but I would guess sub 2” no problem. Takes some doing to get to 2.5# on the trigger. The grip is narrow and comfortable. I plan on building my own BE gun outta mine someday when I have time. Probably 3 years out Sad
Apex makes great parts for them. 
Jon
My M&P Core with the DeltaPoint on it is a great gun.  It is all Apex parts including a fitted barrel which is far better then the other drop in barrel I had.  At the indoor range she will shoot one hole groups at 20 yards off a rest.  Never had her to the outdoor BE range but have shot steel plates there.  Indoors at the ranges IDPA is shooting it will do as well as any of my expensive BE guns.  It is S&W and that says it all.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by 285wannab 6/29/2018, 12:13 pm

Don, do you have a lot of play at the front of the gun?  where the frame and slide come together?  Up and down and left to right?

285wannab

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 6/29/2018, 12:32 pm

None she is tight in both directions.  I did nothing to tighten it it came that way.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down