Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Newbie Question

3 posters

Go down

A Quick Newbie Question Empty A Quick Newbie Question

Post by GaryWWhite 7/5/2018, 5:52 pm

I'm not certain where I should have posted this question here so the moderator may move this wherever he\she deems necessary.  This is probably a stupid question but as I was reading the rules, it relates that you are not to touch the firearm with the off hand when you have a malfunction of any sort.  It's like you can never touch the gun with the off hand once firing has commenced. During slow fire you have to shoot 10 rounds.  My magazine only holds 8 rounds.  How do I reload to shoot the last two rounds?  I know I must have missed something somewhere but am curious what the rule is regarding this?  Shocked

Thanks!
Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

A Quick Newbie Question Empty Re: A Quick Newbie Question

Post by Jon Eulette 7/5/2018, 6:19 pm

If you have a malfunction during SF you can clear it and keep shooting; you have 10 minutes for 10 shots. So use both your of hands. If during a string of TF or RF just raise non firing hand to let range officer know you had a malfunction/alibi. They will give directions regarding the clearing of the malfunction and give you an alibi  string of fire if alibi was allowable.
You  can touch the pistol at anytime with non-firing hand, but when you have an alibi do not touch the pistol with non-firing hand because alibi will be disallowed. 
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt 7/5/2018, 6:30 pm

Changing a magazine during slow fire is not a malfunction.  Of course you can touch the pistol with your non-firing hand to change sights, magazines, etc. during a normal course of fire.  The only time you cannot touch it with the non-firing hand is if you have a malfunction and want to claim an alibi (refire).
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryWWhite 7/6/2018, 11:42 am

Thanks so much!  I am clear on the rules now.  Much appreciated!
Gary

GaryWWhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down