Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match

+3
Wobbley
swehrman
xxper
7 posters

Go down

Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match Empty Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match

Post by xxper Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:52 pm

I need a little help. I am currently up dating the Pistol League rules for our local sportsman's club. The current rules state the highest possible score is 300 20 X's.( slow-0, timed -10 and rapid-10)

A fellow shooter says that the highest possible score is 300 30 X's. ( 10 X'S possible on each target slow,timed and rapid)

300 20x or 300 30x which is correct?

Thank you,
Jim

xxper

Back to top Go down

Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match Empty Re: Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match

Post by swehrman Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm

It depends upon the target you're using for slow fire.  The 50 foot and 20 yard (that's right 20 yard) slow fire targets don't have X-rings.

-- Scott
swehrman
swehrman

Back to top Go down

Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match Empty Re: Highest possible number of Xs scored in a Bullseye match

Post by Wobbley Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Depends on the specific targets.  The slowfire targets don’t come with an X ring, but if you ever shoot your slow fire on a T&R target you might get a 30X clean.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Depends on the target used. If I recall the 50' slow fire target does not have an X ring like the 25 and 50 yard slow fire target so you could only get 20 X's.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by xxper Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:35 pm

The target we had been using during the original rule writing was the B-16 (5-83) I just looked at the current target we are using B-16 (1993) and it has an additional ring within the 10 ring which would be the x ring.

Thank you all for the replies,

Jim

xxper

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:56 pm

If I remember correctly, the old B16 did not have X ring, and it was added with the target changes in the late 1980's (?). So your original total x count was probably correct when that was written.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by xxper Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:35 pm

I started shooting Bullseye again after not shooting pistol for 24 years.I am still shooting practice on the older (no x ring) B16 target.

Jim

xxper

Back to top Go down

Post by tierney Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

In theory, in a registered match, if you shoot a 200-20x or a 300-30x the match stops for you to shoot additional strings until you shoot a 10 or lower.  This is for National Record purposes.

tierney

Back to top Go down

Post by Axehandle Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:20 am

Ahhhh the 200-20x....  Anyone else remember the old bullseye range at Ft Benning GA and the monthly matches.  When the MTU shooters were home and competing the stopping the match and a shooter continuing for X count was a common occurrence.

Axehandle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down