Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scoring software package

+4
Wobbley
Ed Hall
Chris Miceli
Foundryratjim
8 posters

Go down

scoring software package Empty scoring software package

Post by Foundryratjim Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am

I am looking for a scoring software package to use in our Bullseye League. I can't believe there isn't one. Looked at a couple that are on here but they won't work right. What does the NRA use for scoring in their competitions? Thanks

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

scoring software package Empty Re: scoring software package

Post by Chris Miceli Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am

something they don't give out.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 am

I wonder why that is. We have over 100 shooters in our league and it is Kaos trying to keep everything straight. If the NRA would promote a uniform scoring package. It would go a long way to help the sport.

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:19 am

Foundryratjim wrote:I wonder why that is. We have over 100 shooters in our league and it is Kaos trying to keep everything straight. If the NRA would promote a uniform scoring package. It would go a long way to help the sport.

I mentioned it to cole Katie at the competitor meeting. They looked at me like they never knew everyone was hacking all these scores into excel and mailing reports to the NRA. They did mention pistolscore was coming to perry to look at things. Not sure if it’s just for nationals or something for all competitions and match directors

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:51 pm

What are your requirements?

I have a very basic Excel workbook that any Excel novice can use and/or modify, if needed:

Excel Based League Tracking Program

The example scores are based on 300 point aggregates, but 600 or 900 should work fine.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:36 pm

It would be nice if the NRA went to digital reporting of scores for tournaments.  I’m sure there would be some level of human scrutiny required, but it is the 21st century already.

It would be nice.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Our past team captain has made a nice spread sheet in excel that we use on match night. Problem is we are one team of eight. None of the other teams want to do it that way or have the capabilities to do it. The lady who has been doing it for the league for years is resigning from the job and no one wants to take it on because of the work it takes tabulating all the scores. If there was a program the captains had access to that would feed into something the league had would be great. I know...keep dreaming

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Interesting that the sporting clays people have had an online program for a decade or more for handling tournament results.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxbowbob Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:45 pm

I have a spreadsheet I made for our league.  I enter the total score & x's per night.  It calculates a YTD totals, Average & highs of both score & X's and prints out on one sheet.  With 100 shooters it would need some adjustments & tweaking, but I think you could get it to work.  I'm not an excel wiz but I did build this sheet.  What data are you looking to put in and what do you want out?

You're welcome to it & I could help with the tweaking as time permits.

Bob
oxbowbob
oxbowbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks, but that is what we have for our team and we can't get other to use it. What I am looking for is a program that some one with no pc skills could just plug in names and numbers and hit print....

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 am

We do it live with a web based system on match night. No one person is responsible for the entry. Though one person put a lot of work into the web applications.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Foundryratjim Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Is this something that can be purchased?

Foundryratjim

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:28 pm

Not that I know of. I can email the author.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyJ Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but figured I'd throw my hat in the ring here. Last season I started creating a web-app for my league to use. This season I've got three Leagues using it (so far). I'm purposely keeping the number of leagues low this year while I work out the wrinkles and get things right, but would love for you guys to take a look at the page and give feedback. If folks are interested I'll post updates to the forum as I build things out a bit more and can support more leagues next year.

Also, I know promotion of personal projects like this is against some forums' rules and is likely a super faux pas -- feel free to delete the post if I've crossed a line and I'll put in my dues =) As an FYI I'm not charging for it, so it's definitely not a business -- just want to make life easier on folks

External links are not allowed for new members, but you can google bullseyetracker if you're curious (third-ish result).

Looking forward to being part of the community here!

AnthonyJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down