Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Two-Gun Box

+3
ragged claws
zanemoseley
Tim:H11
7 posters

Go down

New Two-Gun Box Empty New Two-Gun Box

Post by Tim:H11 Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 pm

My new box Greg built me has been working out great and I’ve had it out to the range few times now and really like it. The idea for me was to have a smaller box to help limit the stuff I put in it. We all know the bigger the box the more tempting it is to put more stuff in it. Not just that but the few items I carry are all organized so that everything has a place and that way I can find it when I need it. 

45 in back, 22 in front, two mags per gun, I also have my two High Standard mags in there right now, staple gun, staples, blinders, glasses, pen, a couple of items in the bottom and spotting scope. A few odds and ends here and there that I use from time to time but that’s it. 

Shout out to Nelson Custom Guns for the awesome product and outstanding customer service, and of corse Greg Walloch for building a great box.

New Two-Gun Box 83140410

Back to top Go down

New Two-Gun Box Empty Re: New Two-Gun Box

Post by zanemoseley Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 pm

My favorite part of your box is the rhinoliner on the outside. Show the outside of that sexy box.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:14 am

New Two-Gun Box 220b1210

Back to top Go down

Post by ragged claws Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Greg made me a two gun box recently and I love it. Great workmanship and great communication during the build.

Kim

ragged claws

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:08 pm

I've got 2 of his boxes now. I had him build me a compact 3-gun and make a 2-gun tray for it. I bought a used 4-gun deluxe box from Jason on this forum, which Greg made me a great 3-gun tray for. He also makes other items for the boxes, if you have those all plastic Nelson magazines he makes a real nice holder for those that holds 2 mags. He made me one and shipped it out with the 3-gun tray, even supplied the screws for it. I've got nothing but praise for his work,service, and communications. Quality,quality,quality!
 Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Nice BE forum decal too!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 pm

james r chapman wrote:Nice BE forum decal too!
How does one get one of those
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Box? Or, decal
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:28 pm

james r chapman wrote:Box? Or, decal
Decal
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:30 pm

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry2520 Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Do you take any backup guns to matches???

Larry2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Larry2520 wrote:Do you take any backup guns to matches???

I can’t afford back up guns - sort of - not what I consider true back ups. I had my 45 gun away for work and needed a 45 for a match so I sold a gun and came out of pocket a little and bought a used Salyer wad gun from a local shooter at a great price. It’s now serving as my emergency number two 45 gun, but doesn’t have a roll trigger in it like my primary 45 does. And it’s milspec in grip style unlike my primary 45; it has a beaver tail. 

I don’t own a service pistol or a back up service pistol lol, but I have one on loan currently. I have a 22 EIC gun with two barrels - one for irons and one for a dot. So my 22 EIC gun is also my backup 22 for my primary 22. But one is a Nelson (1) and the other (2) is a High standard. And I only have one DR gun. 

These extra guns are carried in a separate gun bag type case. This two gun box was set up for a 2700 match and that’s all. And that’s what I normally shoot. I only shoot EIC matches 2-4 times a year right now. I certainly don’t want all my guns in one box when I don’t need them. I tried that with the four gun case I sold to chopper. It was way too heavy when fully loaded up. Not practical for me. 

What I consider true backups are a pair of guns as closely made to be identical as possible in feel and in grip and trigger dimensions. Optics too. I can’t afford to have the smith I use build me a duplicate right now (though that would awesome) but it also wouldn’t be worth it for me at the moment. Not saying backs aren’t needed, I’m saying I may not be needing to buy anymore guns soon - if all works out. More on that bit later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum