Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire

+2
messenger
rich.tullo
6 posters

Go down

Burris - Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire  Empty Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire

Post by rich.tullo 10/3/2018, 7:15 pm

Does anyone use them for bullseye? My eyes are going a little and I think I am not going to be able to iron sights for much longer. 

I would rather not drill my frame and EGW looks like they sell nice mounts I can install myself and they look like they would not add much weight to the slide. 

I am thinking a 5 MOA dot can be easier to pick up? 

RT
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Burris - Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire  Empty Re: Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire

Post by messenger 10/3/2018, 8:27 pm

I just bought an AW93. The dot mount rail dimensions on it Are a hair to big. My Aimpoint mount won't fit. I took my Vortex Venom off of my LP50 and put it on. I kinda like it. After zeroing it in I was shooting it great. The Venom is a 6moa sight. I was getting tighter groups with it than my Pardini SP with a Matchdot II. I have to search for the dot initially every time I raise the pistol but I am getting used to it.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Burris - Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire  Empty Re: Vortex Venom or Burris Fast Fire

Post by kidneyboy 10/3/2018, 9:39 pm

I have the 3 moa Venom on my 41. Quite pleased with it. Have also used the Burris Fastfire 3 on a Ruger MK4 Competition and had no trouble using it either. They both hold zero well and have excellent dots, especially since I got new glasses Smile.

FWIW I have 3 Vortex Venoms and 1 Ultradot. I use the venoms on rifles, revolvers and pistols.

kidneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky452 10/3/2018, 10:12 pm

I have a Vortex Venom with 3 moa dot mounted on a .38 super using a EGW base. I have approximately 1500 rounds through this set up without any problems. There has not been any shift in zero, but I am shooting very light loads. I really don't have any more difficulty in picking up this dot in sustained fire than I do the dots in my 1 inch UltraDots. I prefer the electronic controls on the Vortex Venom to those on the Burris FF3, but that is an individual thing.

shaky452

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 10/4/2018, 7:38 am

FF3 3MOA mounted on my RO9 has kept zero over 3000 rounds.  3 MOA may be too large for 50 yds.  FWIW.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 10/4/2018, 9:22 am

Rich, I've got a barely used FF3 with an Elliason sight cut mount from EGW that I'm not realistically going to use any time soon. Had it mounted on an older Gold Cup for a couple hundred rounds. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 10/4/2018, 9:25 am

Sorry, 3MOA on the FF3.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 10/4/2018, 12:46 pm

IM Sent.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down