Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc.

+5
gregbenner
Vociferous
Aufidius
OldShooter
Founder
9 posters

Go down

Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc. Empty Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc.

Post by Founder 2/1/2019, 12:16 pm

Shooters,
I wanted to better address the concerns that have been brought up on our page relating to Larry Carter and Larry's Guns Inc.

I've been in touch with a family member and it's my understanding that the process is still not allowing the family access or perform ANY business operations and that is the reason nobody has returned calls or emails.

The assumption is that family will be able to access everything in 3 weeks or so. At that time they will be able to communicate, make a public statement, and access the business, and at that time they will be able to start shipping people's belongings back.

I hope that this information is helpful. I will certainly share updates as I receive them

-Rob Kovach
Administrator
www.bullseyeforum.net
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc. Empty Re: Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc.

Post by OldShooter 2/1/2019, 6:40 pm

Thanks much.  That's pretty much what I suspected.  I will still post any updates I get from the prospective gun shop buyer but your access is more direct.

OldShooter

Back to top Go down

Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc. Empty Re: Update regarding Larry's Guns, Inc.

Post by Aufidius 2/2/2019, 12:08 am

Sadly, having been through this in another life, a lot of what might have been said to our fearless and feckless leader Rob is... hookum. Nonsense, if you prefer.

If you are interested in your firearm, go drive to Maine and get it. Do not order anything on their webpage, and don't send another check or payment. You won't see your money, but you might be able to pick up your firearm if you've got proof you sent it.

Don't believe the meltdown- this is scamming and family drama, sad to say.
Aufidius
Aufidius

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous 2/2/2019, 5:45 am

You, Aufidius, are a funny man.  I had the pleasure of swapping scorecards with Larry at a match 10 years ago, my first match, and he was warm, caring and a great person to me.  I don't know his family, but based on him, well, he was raised right.  From a good family.  Obviously, your posts are meant to provoke a response.  My response is laughter.   clown
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2/2/2019, 6:54 am

Hi "Aufidius",

I can agree with your advice to not send checks, money, or use the Larry's Guns website. I made it clear that there is nobody to process those payments or process any orders. Nobody has access to the business. As such, your advice to drive out there to get your firearm is extremely bad advice. Since the family has given us a 3 week target, it makes more sense to wait until then to see where the cards lay.

I don't understand your desire to personally attack me and call me names because the names you chose are about the last 2 words that anyone who knows me would use to describe me.

Your personal attacks against me and other members have earned you a 10 day ban. Your comments are not how we do it here. This community is based on collegial decorum, manners, and tactfulness to better assist the other users of the forum and our sport.

When you get back, add your real name to your signature after your blurb about gunsmiths. It's been a policy of this forum to make the writer's real name known in the post if the username is a pseudonym.

Best wishes to you,

Rob Kovach
Administrator
www.bullseyeforum.net
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 2/2/2019, 11:47 am

Thanks Rob. I was in process of renting a large bus for the drive, it’s 3,123 miles from my house:shock:

But then I heard the there was some inclement weather on the way, plus I was uncertain if the store would be open and waiting for me.  lol!

Greg Benner

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 2/2/2019, 3:41 pm

Aufidius wrote:Sadly..

I have PMed you and Rob already; please take my image off of your profile. I do not appreciate your co-opting a photo of me and making it look like I am the one who is posting these things.

Not. Cool.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/2/2019, 4:04 pm

john bickar wrote:
Aufidius wrote:Sadly..

I have PMed you and Rob already; please take my image off of your profile. I do not appreciate your co-opting a photo of me and making it look like I am the one who is posting these things.

Not. Cool.
Very slimy.......
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 2/2/2019, 4:15 pm

Founder wrote:Hi "Aufidius",

I can agree with your advice to not send checks, money, or use the Larry's Guns website. I made it clear that there is nobody to process those payments or process any orders. Nobody has access to the business. As such, your advice to drive out there to get your firearm is extremely bad advice. Since the family has given us a 3 week target, it makes more sense to wait until then to see where the cards lay.

I don't understand your desire to personally attack me and call me names because the names you chose are about the last 2 words that anyone who knows me would use to describe me.

Your personal attacks against me and other members have earned you a 10 day ban. Your comments are not how we do it here. This community is based on collegial decorum, manners, and tactfulness to better assist the other users of the forum and our sport.

When you get back, add your real name to your signature after your blurb about gunsmiths. It's been a policy of this forum to make the writer's real name known in the post if the username is a pseudonym.

Best wishes to you,

Rob Kovach
Administrator
www.bullseyeforum.net
Kudos!
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 2/2/2019, 4:29 pm

It looks like one (or more) of the moderators have removed the post that had many of us upset. (Edit: weird, I swear it was gone and now it's back again.)

I'd like to urge everyone (again) to allow Larry's family time to grieve, process, and move forward with resolving the business dealings of LGI. It will take time; I'm sure that his family appreciates your patience.

Last edited by john bickar on 2/2/2019, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 2/2/2019, 6:04 pm

john bickar wrote:It looks like one (or more) of the moderators have removed the post that had many of us upset; thank you
John,

Sorry that you and a few other valuable contributors are being singled out.  I know many others would say the same in thanking you for helping out the sport in general and helping us individually.

Thomas

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down