Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Ljohns on 22/3/2019, 7:08 pm

I have always been a fan of the 1950's Whitney Wolverine. While they were never meant to be a target pistol I have found them to be pretty accurate anyway.

I contacted Dick Horton to see if he could make a set of target grips for my Whitney Wolverine. He said he didn't have a pistol to use as a pattern but he would give it a try if I could supply one. We got the details worked out and Dick supplied the grips.

I received them yesterday and was quite pleased with how they looked.

I couldn't wait to see how they worked so I took the pistol to the range this morning and tried them out. While I am not a competitive shooter by any means I was pleased with the results.

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Lh_8x111
Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Rh_8x111
Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Target11


Last edited by Ljohns on 22/3/2019, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pictures didn't show up.)
Ljohns
Ljohns

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-01-21
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by troystaten on 22/3/2019, 9:56 pm

That is pretty neat, thanks for showing us.

troystaten

Posts : 486
Join date : 2012-04-19

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by WesG on 24/3/2019, 2:17 am

That is the best looking pistol I've seen in a long time. Awesome.

WesG

Posts : 133
Join date : 2018-09-22
Location : SF Bay Area, Cedar Park TX

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Stork on 24/3/2019, 3:08 am

WesG wrote:That is the best looking pistol I've seen in a long time. Awesome.

I was just thinking the same thing! Nothing today has that kind of style.

Stork

Posts : 47
Join date : 2019-01-14
Location : WI

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Outthere on 24/3/2019, 7:31 pm

Now there's something you don't see everyday. Or any day.

Looks great. Shoots well,too.

Where on earth did you get a trigger shoe for it?
Outthere
Outthere

Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Ljohns on 25/3/2019, 12:00 am

Outthere wrote:Now there's something you don't see everyday. Or any day.

Looks great. Shoots well,too.

Where on earth did you get a trigger shoe for it?
The trigger shoe also fits a Remington rifle, it's a #7 for what that's worth, so they are still pretty readily available. I did modify the contour just a little bit so it fit better. Just some hand file work.

I'd like to see what a good marksman could do with it. Like I said, it wasn't intended to be a target pistol but I think it does pretty well.
Ljohns
Ljohns

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-01-21
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by ser2711 on 25/3/2019, 8:47 am

HI) I have also a  Whitney Wolverine and I would like to had a grip as yours from Dick Horton can you give me his mail address to contact him, thank you in advance,

ser2711

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-06-07

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Dick Horton Grips

Post by Ljohns on 25/3/2019, 1:26 pm

ser2711 wrote:HI) I have also a  Whitney Wolverine and I would like to had a grip as yours from Dick Horton can you give me his mail address to contact him, thank you in advance,
dickhortonmatchgrips@gmail.com

I'm pretty sure Dick monitors and contributes to this Forum
Ljohns
Ljohns

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-01-21
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by ser2711 on 26/3/2019, 7:09 am

Thank you so much)

ser2711

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-06-07

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by flyer898 on 21/5/2020, 9:05 pm

A Whitney Wolverine is on the list of handguns I plan to acquire. There was a very nice one on Gunbroker about a month ago. Alas, I got distracted by something, and the auction ended before I placed a bid.

flyer898

Posts : 9
Join date : 2019-01-13

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Ljohns on 22/5/2020, 12:10 am

flyer898 wrote:A Whitney Wolverine is on the list of handguns I plan to acquire. There was a very nice one on Gunbroker about a month ago. Alas, I got distracted by something, and the auction ended before I placed a bid.
I have a pretty good collection of Whitney Wolverines and a few extras I would be willing to sell. They are all really nice, no junk. Just let me know what you want and I can send you pictures and prices.
Ljohns
Ljohns

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-01-21
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Ljohns on 22/5/2020, 2:57 pm

Ljohns wrote:
flyer898 wrote:A Whitney Wolverine is on the list of handguns I plan to acquire. There was a very nice one on Gunbroker about a month ago. Alas, I got distracted by something, and the auction ended before I placed a bid.
I have a pretty good collection of Whitney Wolverines and a few extras I would be willing to sell. They are all really nice, no junk. Just let me know what you want and I can send you pictures and prices.

Brian,

I sent you an email.
Ljohns
Ljohns

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-01-21
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine Empty Re: Target Grips on a Whitney Wolverine

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum