Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High standard barrel weights

2 posters

Go down

High standard barrel weights Empty High standard barrel weights

Post by inthebeech 5/15/2019, 4:48 pm

If anyone owns either the 7 inch fluted or both the 7 and 5 inch bull, could you weigh what you have (I can't even weigh my bull barrel because I have no scale in that range) for me please?  I like the 7 for its longer sight radius but if it is heavier, I would scrap the idea.
And if the longer barrel is lighter, consider this an offer to swap my bull barrel for your fluted 7 incher, in case you're interested.
Thanks,
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

High standard barrel weights Empty Re: High standard barrel weights

Post by Jack H 5/15/2019, 5:33 pm

Long ago I shot the 7.25" fluted barrel as slowfire practice mostly as a prelude to FP.  The long barrel is not much different than the bull weight.  But it felt nose heavy.  I didn't like that for timed and rapid.  I did add a home made 6oz weight to the bull Trophy barrel.  That was quite heavier but did not seem nose heavy.  Kind of a weight thing vs torque thing. 

I do not have any fluted barrels anymore.  Probably had 4-5 in the past.  Today I really like the heavy tapered Tournament barrel for iron sights.  On a bridge sighted or slide sighted gun, either way.
Or better yet the Space Barrel.  Then you see my homemade weight compared to the HS weight
High standard barrel weights 102_ci10
High standard barrel weights 106_wi10
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebeech 5/16/2019, 4:55 am

I'm recovering from shoulder surgery and since I shoot irons and therefore can not use the aluminum sleeved barrel from LSP (no front sight), I am poking around for lighter options.  I didn't know about the space barrel though.  Thank you.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 5/16/2019, 5:50 am

Drill and tap a hole up front and add a Ruger sight.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down