Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hämmerli Xesse work

3 posters

Go down

Hämmerli Xesse work Empty Hämmerli Xesse work

Post by john bickar 7/16/2019, 10:08 pm

Posting for a friend. I know Cardinal bought Larry's stuff, but they are not in business with it yet.

Hoping you can direct me to the right place for repair of my Hammerli Exesse.  My plans to rejoin BE Pistol are on hold.  I have cleaned my gun and disassembled and cleaned all the magazines.  With my SK Std+ I am getting stove pipes and most of the time the slide stays back after the 4 shot.  Today I tried some CCI SV and some Norma Tac, both rated at higher velocity and to a degree that eliminated stove pipes, but not the slide staying back after the 4th shot.  When I first got it Larry C had to re mill the face of the breach because of that problem and it worked good for awhile.  Do you know anyone that I can send this gun to for repair?  Trying to put off buying a Pardini SP if I don't really need to make the change.  My Pardini HP .32 acp has never had a failure.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Hämmerli Xesse work Empty Re: Hämmerli Xesse work

Post by jglenn21 7/17/2019, 7:01 am

Unfortunately no factory service in the US. Walther USA has all the parts and will replace broken parts such as the trigger guard under warranty.

I saw his post on target talk and did make some suggestions to him. Perhaps he should post here as we have several members who have resolved issues with the x-esse
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 7/17/2019, 6:43 pm

I have the common problem of the slide not locking back after the last shot any more. I'd love to get it fixed.
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 7/17/2019, 7:35 pm

slide stop generally would need to be tightened up a touch.. screw on the back side of the stop.. It still need to be free  but not sloppy
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 7/17/2019, 7:37 pm

Also Larry's springs for the Magazine helped with this issue.. Hopefully they will be available soon
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 7/17/2019, 8:38 pm

jglenn21 wrote:slide stop generally would need to be tightened up a touch.. screw on the back side of the stop.. It still need to be free  but not sloppy
Is this comment for me or for John Bickar's friend?
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 7/17/2019, 8:48 pm

both actually.. it is not uncommon for the screw to work itself loose or gunk get under the slide stop and slow it movement down.. It's a fairly weak return spring on the stop.. clean the stop really well and then insure it is free to move up and down with minimal side play.

I shoot a old non lock back Marvel quite often so the slide not locking back doesn't bother me at all, but the wifey complains about hers What a Face so it gets fixed.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down