Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies

4 posters

Go down

UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies Empty UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies

Post by OldShooter43 7/22/2019, 10:12 am

I just ordered the SWC/WC seating stems from UniqueTek for both .38 Special and .45 ACP.  Does anyone here have any experience with using them?  Seems like an inexpensive fix.

Jim

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies Empty Re: UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 7/22/2019, 10:20 am

It seemed silly to not locate off the shoulder of swc bullets.
They work great for me.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies Empty Re: UniqueTek bullet seating stems for Dillon dies

Post by OldShooter43 7/22/2019, 10:37 am

Great!  I figured that between Photo Escape's PTUs and these seater stems I should pretty well eliminate bullet misalignment and lead shaving during the seating process - especially when loading HBWC bullets for my Model 52.
Thanks for the input.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 7/22/2019, 11:09 am

I don't think its designed for full wadcutters though. I would buy an insert designed for full WC 38.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter43 7/22/2019, 11:41 am

According to UniqueTek, it's supposed to work equally well with full wadcutter (FWC) bullets.  I'll give it a try and see how it works.  In any event, I load .38 LSWC bullets as well as FWCs so it won't be money wasted.  It's going to be a while though since I just loaded a batch of wadcutters.

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by spursnguns 7/22/2019, 11:45 am

They also work well for wadcutters albeit I've never had any problem with Dillon Precision's standard wadcutter seating stems.  All in all, they are a good product.

Jim
spursnguns
spursnguns

Back to top Go down

Post by OldShooter43 7/22/2019, 11:52 am

I had a minor amount of lead shaving on my last batch of wadcutters using the standard Dillon seater.  However, I didn't have the PhotoEscape PTU installed then so it may have eliminated the shaving altogether.  Good to know that the UniqueTek seater will work on FWCs.  Thanks.

Jim

OldShooter43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down