Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bullseye ammo

+5
JIMPGOV
PhotoEscape
fc60
SteveT
bufcreek
9 posters

Go down

bullseye ammo  Empty bullseye ammo

Post by bufcreek Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:55 pm

does anyone know a reliable source in the Illinois area for 200 grain .45 bullseye loads. We have a relatively new shooter who does not wish to reload herself, but those of us who load are not looking to take on extra volume. As I haven't shot anything but my own loads for 40 years, I am not familiar with commercial loaders, and I do not think the manufacturers make anything light enough for bullseye. Any help would be appreciated.

bufcreek

Back to top Go down

bullseye ammo  Empty Re: bullseye ammo

Post by SteveT Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:11 pm

None in Illinois that I know of. 

Michigan Ammo (michiganammo.com)
   Zero (rozedist.com)
   NSK (nsksales.com)

The Zero ammo isn't powder-puff, but it's closer to bullseye loads than full power ball ammo. 

I've only shot Michigan ammo 38 (excellent). 

I shot some of Neal's (NSK) 200 gr more than 15 years ago before I started reloading. I don't remember it being particularly soft, but it was bullseye recoil, not full power.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Greetings,

When I first started shooting a friend had me come over to his house for a loading lesson.

I brought my bullets, brass, powder, and primers. Also, a bottle of wine for the host.

I think this would be a good way to introduce the new shooter into loading without the expense.

Also, with the tutor's guidance, she would be in control of the process.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:53 pm

There is a good saying, Don, - "give man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day, teach man to fish, and you'll feed him for a life".  Although I've seen what such lessons can cause, when my wife and I went to Easter Island, I'm a believer in self sustenance.  So, I'm with Dave here, and since I'm in IL, I'll be happy to play a reloading tutor for a day or couple of day...  I'm well stocked on my choices of drinks, so no wine required, and for that matter I can offer brass, bullets, primers, and especially powder, - by my conservative estimates I brought back from Perry enough powder to load few years worth of ammo to accommodate 4-5 days a week shooting, to get this person started.  Equipment is all set as well. 

With that, you know where to find me..
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JIMPGOV Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:26 pm

SteveT wrote:None in Illinois that I know of. 

Michigan Ammo (michiganammo.com)

I USED MICHIGAN AMMO TO MAKE PPC AND BULLSEYE  REVOLVER DISTINGUISHED. THE OWNER AND HIS WIFE WERE BOTH HIGH MASTER PPC SHOOTERS. INCLUDING THE WIFE WINNING THE FEMALE NATIONAL CHAMPION IN 97 ( IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY ON THE YEAR). I HAVE USED THEIR .45 SWC RELOADS. QUITE ACCURATE, AND REAL NICE PEOPLE TO BOOT. JP

JIMPGOV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Michigan ammo might still load indoor/outdoor specific ammo.
I know they did for .38 maybe .45
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:32 pm

This guy is in Michigan. Loads rifle ammo and pistol ammo for competitive shooters.

https://m.facebook.com/loadermonkey/
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bufcreek Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 am

thanks guys. appreciate the input. Down the road, loading your own is part of the process, but for right now, we will try some of the commercial stuff. Shooter has too much class and pride to keep accepting our stuff for free, and we won't charge her for it. All will work out. Thanks again!

bufcreek

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:55 am

I live in Florida and I can and do it for several others I use Zero Bullets and Starline Brass
The price is the price and it’s not cheap
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by bufcreek Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:58 am

James appreciate the offer. Shipping would be more of a concern than price, but will keep the option open. Thanks

bufcreek

Back to top Go down

Post by Centerline Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 am

I picked up some Winchester white box .45 185 grain FMJ "target load" from the store about a year ago and found it to be quite accurate in my gun; it's a reduced load.  I know a lot of folks turn their nose up at white box but it worked excellently for me, plus it has been good brass for reloading.  If you can find it, I'd give it a try.

Centerline

Back to top Go down

Post by Centerline Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:07 am

https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Handgun/USA/USA45A.  I may have got it from Target sports usa or some other internet outlet; can't remember.
bullseye ammo  Usa45a-boxshot-front-medium

Centerline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down