Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32ACP T&B bullets - best die set?

2 posters

Go down

32ACP T&B bullets - best die set? Empty 32ACP T&B bullets - best die set?

Post by Guest 8/6/2019, 10:11 am

I hate having to mess with dies once I've got them set up for a particular recipe, I got things set up nicely for XTP 60gr JHP's with starline brass, then got into a mess when I tried to switch over to T&B bullets.

So, I've decided to create a dedicated tool head for loading T&B 64gr - SWC - Polymer Coated bullets on my XL650. I intend to use once-fired Fiocchi brass as this will be ammo for practise (and possibly the short line in future).

I will use a Dillon powder through die with PhotoEscape PTU and a Dillon powder measure with X-small bar.

I read that Greg Brenner uses Dillon dies. What do others think are the best dies for this application?

Back to top Go down

32ACP T&B bullets - best die set? Empty Re: 32ACP T&B bullets - best die set?

Post by javaduke 8/6/2019, 10:23 am

Well, I use Redding Progressive set, they work well except that seating die problem. I will try Hornady die and see if it solves the problem.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/6/2019, 10:50 am

Duplicate post:face:

Last edited by gregbenner on 8/6/2019, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/6/2019, 10:57 am

radjag wrote:I hate having to mess with dies once I've got them set up for a particular recipe, I got things set up nicely for XTP 60gr JHP's with starline brass, then got into a mess when I tried to switch over to T&B bullets.

So, I've decided to create a dedicated tool head for loading T&B 64gr - SWC - Polymer Coated bullets on my XL650. I intend to use once-fired Fiocchi brass as this will be ammo for practise (and possibly the short line in future).

I will use a Dillon powder through die with PhotoEscape PTU and a Dillon powder measure with X-small bar.

I read that Greg Brenner uses Dillon dies. What do others think are the best dies for this application?
Just to clarify, I use Photo Escapes PTU, Dillon dies for the rest when loading 32 ACP (including the X-small powder bar). Starline brass. I load both .312 and.314 T&B bullets, and I change the PTU accordingly (the .312 T&B bullets are similar in size to the Hornady XTP). I use separate tool heads for 32 Long, but just change the PTU when changing bullet size. Separate tool head would be nice, although I find it pretty easy to change back and forth.  I plan to switch from .314 to.312 bullets in the next couple days. Will pay attention, but don’t recall any issues with sizing

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/10/2019, 3:18 pm

Ok, I switched back and forth. On Dillon 550, with T&B 314, I use the Photoescape PTU, size .3175. I have it adjusted do that the bullet drops in so that the line ring is approx 1/2 visible. Dillon Seating die pushes it in the remaining minor amount. To switch to the Hornady XTP, I use the .3145 or .3155 PTU, but need to back out the seating die. I can see that a spare tool head would make it easier.  I almost never load the XTP, so never really noticed. The .3175 PTU make loading the .314 T&B bullets very easy, nearly “bullet proof” (sorry, couldn’t help it). For me, when I was testing the PTUs, the issue was using the proper size, as well as adjusting the depth, so the bullet sets in the case perfectly. Hope this helps some.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/11/2019, 8:04 am

Very clear. Thank you Greg.
I have ordered the recommended PTU. I was able to pull together a second set of dies from the collection of 32SWL & ACP dies I have already got.
I will update once I get it all working nicely.
Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down