Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead

2 posters

Go down

Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead Empty Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead

Post by orpheoet 8/8/2019, 6:12 am

Tried out Hornady JHP at 50 yards with my Pardini SP .32 conversion and its 4 clicks left 5 clicks down from the .22 setting. I've heard that with .45  going from lead to jacketed there is a windage adjustment, just curious as to why. Of course with the Pardini it could have to do with the barrel change but the adjustment is consistently 4 clicks left from .22.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead Empty Re: Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead

Post by James Hensler 8/8/2019, 1:30 pm

Mine is the same way!
I use 2 matchdots because of it! When I used 1 I took a Fine point Red and Green sharpie and colored in the lines so I could make the change quicker
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead Empty Re: Jacketed bullets and windage change from lead

Post by orpheoet 8/8/2019, 10:58 pm

James Hensler wrote:Mine is the same way!
I use 2 matchdots because of it! When I used 1 I took a Fine point Red and Green sharpie and colored in the lines so I could make the change quicker
Are you saying that you change dots with barrels? I was actually shocked to find out that if I was careful to put my dot back exactly where it was the zero was exactly the same. Do you find changing dots to be consistent?
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/9/2019, 1:35 am

Absolutely! I leave the Pardini Ring tight on the frame and just remove the tops. Then install the other dot. It is click for click the same every time
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down