Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low

4 posters

Go down

Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low Empty Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low

Post by sbtzc 10/1/2019, 2:48 pm

I'm at a loss.

When the sight is turned fully to raise lower the POI, the sighting would have to be sub-sub-six to get into the black at 25yds.

My Sig Hammerli Trailside's rear sight bottoms out before the POI gets into the black. Don't know what's wrong but the sight is screwed. Does anyone have or know were a spare can be found?

Last edited by sbtzc on 10/11/2019, 6:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low Empty Re: Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low

Post by jglenn21 10/1/2019, 3:54 pm

won't be cheap but Walther USA should have the same rear sight for the Xesse..( same gun just updated by Walther)

Walther Part # 2742966
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low Empty Re: Sig Hammerli Trailside - adjustable rear sight replacement - low

Post by sbtzc 10/1/2019, 5:03 pm

Thanks, Glenn.

But I'm afraid I'm confused. Walther's exploded view (https://www.carl-walther.com/service/exploded-views.html?q=X-esse) lists the sight as # 2742976 Rear sight Sport, adjustable (higher sight) or 2765519 IPSC Rear sight IPSC. # 2742966 is not listed.

The sights for the Sport and IPSC models hang over the back of the slide from internet pictures. The sight for my model is more forward and lower as is the front sight.

The internet picture that matches my sight is of a 'standard' model. 4" with adjustable sight and wood grip. Is this part number for that model? Where did you find this part number?

Please forgive my ignorance. 
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 10/1/2019, 5:43 pm

Ah new parts list based on models..my list is a year old..

Go with the more current  list when you call Walther USA..

Sorry about that
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 10/1/2019, 5:47 pm

You can ask them about part i had to see if they still list it.. it came from the original parts list i had before the ipsc model. 

What is wrong with your current sight
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 10/1/2019, 6:15 pm

The problem is that the POI cannot be raised  lowered to use a center hold before the sight runs out of adjustment. Rather, one would have to hold a very deep sub-six for the POI to be in the black. Half way between the bottom of a 25 yard reduced slow fire and the bottom of the black.

Numrich lists the part as 851940 (out of stock).

I have sent an inquiry to Walther. I'll send one to Numrich too.

My local GS wants to disdisassemble the sight, heat it red hot and slightly bend it. If it breaks without a replacement, it means a new rear sight cut, at best, if a suitable height sight can be found.

No joy in Trailside-ville

Last edited by sbtzc on 10/2/2019, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa-tevp 10/1/2019, 9:19 pm

I have a Hammerli X-esse Sport and I ran out of rear sight adjustment when going from sub-6 to center hold for 22 EIC use with the required raise to start a sustained fire string. I called the US parts supplier with the taller front sight part number from the parts catalog and then had a front sight that made the rear sight travel range usable again. 

A practice on European target pistols is to offer interchangeable front sights with different heights for center hold and sub-6 hold. I have had US manufactured pistols run out of adjustment with fixed front sights. If my home life wasn't using up all of my available funds I would have several of the front sights on my pistols welded, particularly S&Ws, to add front sight height.

https://www.carl-walther.com/service/dealer.html

Walther Arms, Inc.

[ltr]7700 Chad Colley Blvd
AR 72916 Fort Smith
United States[/ltr]

Telefon: 479-242-8500 Telefax: 479-646-4206
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 10/2/2019, 7:30 am

Other than making a taller front sight  it may also be possible to lower the rear sight cut and reuse your existing sight. Something to talk with your smith about. I'll look at my trailside's sight today.. I've only shot mine with a dot..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by adminbot1911 10/2/2019, 9:59 am

Just to clarify - you want to LOWER the point of impact, not raise it, because a taller front sight will lower your muzzle (and your impacts) not raise them.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 10/2/2019, 1:09 pm

adminbot1911 is correct. I need to lower the POI. Posts corrected. Thanks
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc 10/11/2019, 6:31 pm

Success! cheers 

I found on another forum, that someone used a sight for a Springfield XD, so I ordered LPA sight TPU25SS07. This also fits the Sig 22x series. It is not exactly the same cut, but is extremely close. My local gun smith pushed it in with his sight tool with the 'usual' resistance. The set screw lined up correctly as well. The sight blade and notch are lower than what was on the gun when I got it.

Oh joy! At 25 yards, with the sight up at 2/3's of its range, it groups center with a center hold.

Walther USA finally responded (after I had ordered the XD sight). jglenn21's part number 2742966 is available, but they could not tell me if this was the correct sight even with the serial number. The description reads "adjustable rear sight (lower sight)". The other adjustable sights are described with the terms 'sport' or 'ISPC'.

Thanks to all who replied and PM'ed me.
sbtzc
sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 10/11/2019, 6:59 pm

good info.. I'm sure there will be others who have the same issue.
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down