Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business?

+7
troystaten
dronning
mustachio
Fresco04
BE Mike
Wobbley
Outthere
11 posters

Go down

Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business? Empty Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business?

Post by Outthere 10/15/2019, 10:20 pm

Anyone here deal with them lately?

I can't access their website.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business? Empty Re: Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business?

Post by Wobbley 10/15/2019, 11:09 pm

Carl Joos had an accident and has a serious head injury. When he was in hospital just after he was unresponsive. Apparently a relative was going to try to run it, but that blew up when a divorce ensued. My guess is that it is effectively gone at this point.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business? Empty Re: Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business?

Post by Outthere 10/16/2019, 5:06 am

Wobbley wrote:Carl Joos had an accident and has a serious head injury.  When he was in hospital just after he was unresponsive.  Apparently a relative was going to try to run it, but that blew up when a divorce ensued.  My guess is that it is effectively gone at this point.
That's a shame. A great place to do business with. Nice people.

Thanks for the info.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 10/16/2019, 9:23 am

Wow, so sorry to hear about this. He was a great guy and had more gun knowledge than anyone in the business. I remember when his son was born at Camp Perry and they, of course, named him Perry.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresco04 10/18/2019, 3:46 pm

Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business? Champs11

This was the sign that greeted me the last time I visited Champion Shooters Supply a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, they do not respond to phone calls, e-mails, or faxes.  Website is no longer.  For he first time in decades, they did not attend Camp Perry.  It is my understanding that Carl and Sandy Jooss turned the business over to their son-in-law several years ago; and that tenure did not go well.  Sad, they had been around for over 45+years.

Fresco04

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresco04 10/18/2019, 3:51 pm

The American Smallbore Shooting Association (ASSA) has a good, short bio of the company circa 2018:

"Champion Shooters Supply, LLC. is a family business founded by Carl and Sandra Jooss in 1972. For over 45 years, they have been a source of a wide variety of competitive shooting equipment, ammunition, accessories and clothing for rifle and pistol competitors from beginner level to national champions. They also own the line of Freeland shooting products since 1991
The Champion Shooters Supply, LLC. main retail location is located in Utica, OH and an additional location is in the process of being added at The Cardinal Center in Marengo, OH. At either location, shooters, coaches and parents can rest assured that they will receive excellent service by fellow competitors with decades of experience from the selection of rifles and accessories to ensuring the proper fit of a new shooting jacket.
In addition to their Utica and Marengo locations, Champion Shooters Supply, LLC. has been a fixture on Camp Perry’s Commercial Row for over 45 years.
Carl and Sandra have since retired from running the day to day operations with Todd Wielinski now fully engaged in leading the family business."

Fresco04

Back to top Go down

Post by mustachio 11/1/2019, 9:07 am

Their web site seems to be up and running.
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 11/1/2019, 11:15 am

mustachio wrote:Their web site seems to be up and running.
Can't access it, 
This site can’t be reached
www.championshooters.com’s server IP address could not be found.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 11/1/2019, 12:33 pm

Just tried this link and it worked. 

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx

Did not try to buy anything.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 11/1/2019, 12:51 pm

troystaten wrote:Just tried this link and it worked. 

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx

Did not try to buy anything.
That's Champion's Choice in TN. Champion Shooters Supply is in OH.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 11/1/2019, 3:39 pm

Thanks Zane

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Is Champion Shooter Supply Still in Business? Empty champ choice

Post by steve 61 11/5/2019, 10:47 pm

jusr bought a bunch od stuff, no problem

steve 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Humpy 1/10/2020, 11:53 am

Sorry to read about Carl.  I remember when they started it way back.

Mark Humphreville

Humpy

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 1/10/2020, 2:12 pm

steve 61 wrote:jusr bought a bunch od stuff, no problem
You must have bought it from Champion's Choice NOT Champion Shooters Supply.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by lyman1903 1/18/2020, 5:18 pm

shame to hear, 

great folks to deal with, 

years ago, I was at Perry with a friend,  
he needed a new shooting jacket,  and the owner's wife (I think that is who it was)  fitted him right up on the spot,
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Humpy 1/18/2020, 6:07 pm

I remember when his son was born at Perry.  A ammo box came down the line in smallbore and by noon he was a NRA Life Member.  Son's name is Perry.

Humpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down