Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiocchi SV made by CCI ?

3 posters

Go down

Fiocchi SV made by CCI ? Empty Fiocchi SV made by CCI ?

Post by Mike38 1/5/2020, 9:35 pm

The "regulars" over at Rimfire Central claim that Fiocchi Standard Velocity 1070fps is actually CCI Standard Velocity that is rebadged. Yes, the bullets look identical. The wax looks identical. The plastic dividers that hold the cartridges look identical. But it ends there. In my pistols, Fiocchi beats out CCI in function, reliability and accuracy. But, the Fiocchi is about twice the price of CCI, so it better out preform. 

Does anyone know for sure, no rumors, no my brother in laws step nephew said he heard at WalMart, only the facts please. Thank you.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Fiocchi SV made by CCI ? Empty Re: Fiocchi SV made by CCI ?

Post by TonyH 1/6/2020, 6:06 am

The difference in accuracy etc. could very well just be different lot numbers. I've used both by the case lot in four different guns and can't really tell the difference, albeit it was not the new manufacture CCI with the heavy wax issues. Has anyone picked up any new manufacture Fiocchi to see if it has the same heavy wax? Both the CCI and Fiocchi "Shooting Dynamics" (22FLRN) packaging even shared all the same ink colors in the ammo I had...
In the end, shoot what the gun likes, your "head" will accept and your wallet will afford....Geco Rifle and Aguila SE work great.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 1/6/2020, 8:33 pm

TonyH wrote:Has anyone picked up any new manufacture Fiocchi to see if it has the same heavy wax?

A couple weeks ago I bought a brick from Target Sports USA. Now about half way through it. According to the lot number, it was made in 2017. That would be before the CCI heavy wax issues, I think. I just ordered a case of Fiocchi, hoping I get something made in 2017 also. 

The last case of CCI SV I bought had so much wax on the bullets, they had to be forced out of the plastic tray stripping off some of the wax, but even then there was too much on it. That is the reason I'm looking for something other than CCI.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by REConley 1/7/2020, 6:20 am

I am 4 bricks into a case of CCI SV I purchased from Target Sports last month. Zero wax issue. The cartridge cases feel cleaner and there is no white wax lumps on any of the rounds. Lot G23AA03.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down