Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment

4 posters

Go down

P210 trigger - Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment Empty Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment

Post by tovaert Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 am

FYI...some instructions, should you have an interest in increasing or decreasing the trigger pull weight. Also some rough guidelines for adjusting sear engagement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5oy76nzffp4ewl/Installing_Trigger_Return_Sear_Springs_P210A_Rev2.pdf?dl=0

Last edited by tovaert on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

tovaert

Back to top Go down

P210 trigger - Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment Empty Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return and Sear Springs, & Trigger & Sear Adjustment

Post by tovaert Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 am

I've completed a new (Revision 2) instruction guide for swapping out both the trigger return spring and the sear spring, on the Sig P210A (Target or Standard). Recall this "experiment" was aimed at increasing the trigger pull weight to 4# for EIC competition, without simply winding up the mainspring using the adjustable barrel nut. In my first iteration, I used a trigger return spring that was a bit to strong. This caused one to pull through the release with little to no sear "feel" when the sear adjustment pin was set for a ~4# pull weight. Since then I've experimented with a slightly lighter trigger return spring, in conjunction with a slightly heavier sear spring. To me this is much more desirable, as this combination produces a two-stage trigger with a distinct "wall" followed by a crisp release (similar to my Geissele HS match rifle trigger). The spring specifications are towards the end of the file, and I have some available (see instructions). Of course, one could also proceed in the reverse direction, and decrease the factory trigger pull weight (as well as change trigger feel and sear engagement), towards the 2.5# CF weight limit. It seems the factory triggers are in the 3 to 3.5# pull weight vicinity. I have not experimented with lighter springs, however, the necessary dimensions and specifications for the trigger return and sear springs can be garnered from the supplier website (noted in the instructions). Any questions or comments, feel free to message me. Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5oy76nzffp4ewl/installing_trigger_return_sear_springs_p210a_rev2.pdf?dl=0

tovaert

kc.crawford.7 and bpettet like this post

Back to top Go down

P210 trigger - Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment Empty Re: Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment

Post by bpettet Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:51 pm

I've been looking for data on this subject.  Great tutorial!  PM to you.

bpettet

http://www.stratos2.com

Back to top Go down

P210 trigger - Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment Empty Re: Sig P210A - Changing the Trigger Return Spring & Sear Adjustment

Post by 1bayouboy Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Excellent document!  I sent you a PM on the springs.   FYI Grainger has a huge selection of springs.   I'll take one of each of the ones you got to share your cost.

1bayouboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Wed May 18, 2022 3:30 pm

FYI - All spring sets have been sold. I'm not planning on ordering any in the future. Here is the information you need if you want to order them. The issue is that acxessspring has a $40 minimum order. 

Spring Specifications

I have experimented with two trigger return springs, and one sear spring. My desire was to adjust the trigger pull to 4#. The following are the spring specifications:

www.acxessspring.com          PC027-156-9500-MW-0560-CG-N-IN 
                                           k = 47 lbs./in, Lo = 0.560”, $1.12 each

PC026-156-10300-MW-0560-CG-N-IN 
                                           k = 36 lbs./in, Lo = 0.560", $1.51 each

Sear Spring: Heavier replacement to be used with the (above) 36 lbs./in trigger spring

www.acxessspring.com          PC019-109-9000-SST-0380-C-N-IN 
                                           k = 31.8 lbs./in, Lo = 0.380", $1.25 each

I have found that the PC027-156..., 47 lbs./in trigger return spring can easily be used to bring the trigger weight up (and well above) 4#. However, at ~4# (rather than ~5# and higher), you tend to pull-through the trigger and lose the distinct feel of any sear engagement. 

With the PC026-156..., 36 lbs./in spring, in conjunction with the PC019-109... sear spring, you can easily set up a 4# trigger that feels distinctly "two stage" with a crisp second stage release. It reminds me of a Geissele NM high-speed match rifle trigger

tovaert...05/2022

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Orpanaut Sun May 22, 2022 2:31 pm

I tried clicking on the dropbox.com links for Tovaert's instructions for trigger adjustments and both say the files have been deleted. Are they available somewhere else?

Orpanaut

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert Mon May 23, 2022 10:06 am

Orpanaut wrote:I tried clicking on the dropbox.com links for Tovaert's instructions for trigger adjustments and both say the files have been deleted.  Are they available somewhere else?
I uploaded the file again. It's too large to send as an email attachment. Try this link. You should be able to download it. In some cases your browser may require permission to download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e5ixtu0qb5v88w/Installing_Trigger_Return_Sear_Springs_P210A_Rev3.pdf?dl=0

Tim

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down