Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Accuracy Standard Proposal

+3
Wobbley
lablover
fc60
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Accuracy Standard Proposal - Page 2 Empty New Accuracy Standard Proposal

Post by fc60 Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Greetings,

A good day testing today. Sunny, warm and no wind.

I fired five (5) twenty shot groups (I cleaned the barrel after each string and fired five fouling shots.) testing different powder weights. No documented load data, so do not ask what powder.

I used a custom barrel chambered for, cough-cough, 32 ACP mounted in a mechanical fixture.

Distance was 50 yards.

Test bullet was one of my creations. A 65 grain HBSWC swaged from 25:1 alloy (Lead:Tin)

All five groups individually scored 200x19, so no real winners.

If I moved the overlay around several groups would have scored 200x20; but, that's cheating. Basically, each group had one flyer.

Average Velocities ranged from 775.6 to 911.2 FPS

Below is the backing paper from all the testing. 125 Shots in all !!!

New Accuracy Standard Proposal - Page 2 Gsp32a10

Pour me another glass of KoolAid, please....

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

New Accuracy Standard Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: New Accuracy Standard Proposal

Post by fc60 Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:16 pm

radjag wrote:Dave, sorry, I looked back through my notes and confirmed that you used 1.95gr. That jives with the WP Load Data book where they (conservatively) say 1.8gr Max for 695fps and 18,800psi.

So your 1.95gr is producing ~730fps and obviously remarkably consistent results. I recently bought some #2 and have some 85 XTP's - I will try it. I've now got a Star Universal which has been converted to 32ACP and intend to set that up for long line loads. Hope that I can achieve the same level of consistency.

Thanks.
Greetings,

I also load with a Star. One downside to Accurate #2 powder is that the grains are very small and work their way in between the powder bar and housing.

Just a caveat, keep an eye on things until you feel comfortable that "Alles ist Ordnung".

Oregon, eh? Do you shoot any of our Washington matches? i.e. Bunyon, Cascade, Wenatchee?

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

New Accuracy Standard Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: New Accuracy Standard Proposal

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Dave,

Yes I shot the State Match at Paul Bunyan last fall - enjoyed it despite the WA weather!

Got the first leg of the WA distinguished. I hope to visit a couple of times this season - try to get the other two legs! Look forward to meeting you if we get a chance.

Cheers, Roy Dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2