Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol?

4 posters

Go down

Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol? Empty Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol?

Post by pgg Fri 24 Apr 2020, 4:19 pm

I have a scuba tank, regulator, etc for charging a PCP rifle. The idea of getting a PCP pistol is growing on me. While there are plenty of crappy semi-auto BB guns in Glock-ish form, I don't see any quality pellet-slinging target pistols that are semi-auto.

I have a FAS6004 (single shot air pistol) which I use for practice in my home. There's a nice range set up in the living room, shooting through the kitchen, into a 22 trap in the laundry room. I have a very tolerant wife. No holes in the wall yet.

The FAS6004 is great for practice, but I sometimes find myself wishing I could go through the motions of timed and rapid strings. Work on shot process, the mental game, some motor memory, trigger control, even though maybe the complete absence of recoil would make the experience less transferrable to a centerfire gun.

Anything suitable for bullseye practice in the semi-auto PCP airgun market?

pgg

Back to top Go down

Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol? Empty Re: Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol?

Post by zanemoseley Fri 24 Apr 2020, 4:21 pm

The Steyr LP50 is the only one I would consider.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol? Empty Re: Worthwhile semi-automatic PCP air pistol?

Post by dronning Fri 24 Apr 2020, 4:27 pm

zanemoseley wrote:The Steyr LP50 is the only one I would consider.
+1
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by machinist mike Fri 24 Apr 2020, 7:13 pm

You may want to think of the LP-5 also. It's CO2 powered, but probably a little less expensive than the pcp version. The only thing additional you would need is a bulk CO2 tank.  Believe me, a 20 lb will last you forever!! Just be sure to get a siphon feed tank so you fill the cylinders with liquid CO2 rather than gas,

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down