Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistol Box plans

5 posters

Go down

Pistol Box plans Empty Pistol Box plans

Post by cdrt Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 pm

I thought some of the old timers like me would remember these plans from an NRA publication from the 1970's.  I remember I bought it at Bob Chow's in S.F.  They could be modified for scoped pistols.  I still have the one that was made for me.

Pistol Box plans Gunbox12
Pistol Box plans Gunbox13
cdrt
cdrt

Jack Conner, Jon Math and flyer898 like this post

Back to top Go down

Pistol Box plans Empty Re: Pistol Box plans

Post by flyer898 Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:40 am

I still have the “Gun Nut” pistol box my boss made for me in the early 1980s. My boss used a Pachmyer box as a model.
Later I had the privilege of knowing F. Bob Chow and shooting with Bob and his wife Mimi at the Presidio Gun Club back when I worked in San Francisco. Pleasant memories.
Thank you for posting the article - it is as useful today as when first published.

Last edited by flyer898 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

flyer898

Back to top Go down

Post by rkittine Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:42 pm

With two left thumbs I would probably cut off a few figures trying to do this, so I will stick with letting Greg build it for me..

Bob
rkittine
rkittine

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:51 pm

flyer898 wrote:I still have the “Gun Nut” pistol box my boss made for me in the early 1980s. My boss used a Pachmyer box as a model.
Later I had the privilege of knowing F. Bob Chow and shooting with Bob and his wife Mimi at the Presidio Gun Club back when I worked in San Francisco. Pleasant memories.
Thank you for posting the article - it is as useful today as when first published.
I shot with the Mare Island pistol team in the 1970s and 1980s.  Always enjoyed visiting with Bob.  He worked on some of my guns. Shot a lot of International matches at the PGC. My best score was a 581 with the Air Pistol in 1985. I remember when Sharon Crespi shot a national record with the .22 during a Sectional match. We took third nationwide in the .22 Std Pistol and Free Pistol team matches in 1985.
cdrt
cdrt

flyer898 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hg401 Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:49 pm

I can't remember where I got this image, but I'm tempted to build a 2 gun box along the lines of this one.
Pistol Box plans 2_gun10

Or https://www.caseclub.com/product/2-pistol-accessory-case/ if it would hold 2 scoped pistols with 5" barrels.

hg401

Arthur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by flyer898 Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:04 pm

I remember traveling from Humboldt County to San Francisco in 1986 to shoot the NRA Sectional Match at the Presidio Gun Club. That is when I first met Sharon Crespi - she was running things with efficiency and precision. She is or was a great lady.
A few years later I was working in SF and shooting at the PGC. When I was up for membership I was getting transferred to Humboldt County.
It was a very sad day when the GGNRA took over the Presidio and the gun club was no more.

flyer898

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:28 pm

flyer898, just missed you. I got recalled to active duty (Navy) in October, 1985 and had to give up my membership. I still have some drink glasses with the PGC logo on them and the tray I won as club champion in 1984.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nopro Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 pm

I built this box from plans I got from one of the guys at Bob Chows gun shop in the early 80's. We were both members of the Golden Gate Rifle & Pistol Association based at the Sharp Park Rifle Range in Pacifica Ca. I also shot in the state sectionals at the Presidio Gun Club in 1984 when Bob Chow was there. Unfortunately he was not on my team.We could of used the points. I sure miss those places. They're long gone now. Thanks for the memories.

Nopro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down